8800nl laggy web page loading

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL
Post Reply
piston
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by piston » Sat May 12, 2018 2:32 pm

I've just setup my 8800NL with TalkTalk fibre and TV multicast boost service, the 8800NL is working a treat apart from the wi fi which seems extremely laggy when loading web pages. I ran some speed tests using wi fi and the results were good so I don't really understand why web page loading should be affected in this way. Below are my current settings

1. LAN: Change IGMP Snooping Mode from Blocking to Standard

2. WAN: 802.1P Priority 2 802.1Q VLAN ID 101

3. WAN: Enable IGMP Multicast

4. MultiCast: Set default version to 3

5. MultiCast: Enable Membership Join Immediate (IPTV)

6. Wireless MulitCast Enabled

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

billion_fan
Posts: 5202
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by billion_fan » Mon May 14, 2018 9:32 am

piston wrote: ↑
Sat May 12, 2018 2:32 pm
I've just setup my 8800NL with TalkTalk fibre and TV multicast boost service, the 8800NL is working a treat apart from the wi fi which seems extremely laggy when loading web pages. I ran some speed tests using wi fi and the results were good so I don't really understand why web page loading should be affected in this way. Below are my current settings

1. LAN: Change IGMP Snooping Mode from Blocking to Standard

2. WAN: 802.1P Priority 2 802.1Q VLAN ID 101

3. WAN: Enable IGMP Multicast

4. MultiCast: Set default version to 3

5. MultiCast: Enable Membership Join Immediate (IPTV)

6. Wireless MulitCast Enabled

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Have you tried to change the DNS servers your router uses??

piston
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: 8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by piston » Mon May 14, 2018 10:14 am

Hi billion_fan I've tried using Google and OpenDNS but the laggy page loading was still evident?

billion_fan
Posts: 5202
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by billion_fan » Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am

piston wrote: ↑
Mon May 14, 2018 10:14 am
Hi billion_fan I've tried using Google and OpenDNS but the laggy page loading was still evident?
Try making a back of you config file, then reset the device back to factory default settings and setup the wifi and internet only, (so try a test without IPTV setup) if it doesn't help you can restore the copy of your config file

piston
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: 8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by piston » Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Okay will do...

piston
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: 8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by piston » Mon May 14, 2018 5:35 pm

When I don't setup multicast in the router the wi fi works perfectly, no lag or delay

billion_fan
Posts: 5202
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by billion_fan » Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 am

piston wrote: ↑
Mon May 14, 2018 5:35 pm
When I don't setup multicast in the router the wi fi works perfectly, no lag or delay
You might need to isolate the port your IPTV connects to, attached is a guide (use the Interface Grouping feature without Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

piston
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: 8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by piston » Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Thanks billion_fan I'll set it up tonight πŸ‘

piston
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: 8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by piston » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:17 am

billion_fan wrote: ↑
Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 am
piston wrote: ↑
Mon May 14, 2018 5:35 pm
When I don't setup multicast in the router the wi fi works perfectly, no lag or delay
You might need to isolate the port your IPTV connects to, attached is a guide (use the Interface Grouping feature without Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF) )
Hi billion_fan

I used the IPTV setup as you suggested however the setup uses PPPOE and TalkTalk use IPoE so I wasn't able to activate IGMP Multicast Proxy because it isn't available for IPoE, will this make a big difference? The rest of the setup went fine

billion_fan
Posts: 5202
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 8800nl laggy web page loading

Post by billion_fan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:21 am

piston wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:17 am
billion_fan wrote: ↑
Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 am
piston wrote: ↑
Mon May 14, 2018 5:35 pm
When I don't setup multicast in the router the wi fi works perfectly, no lag or delay
You might need to isolate the port your IPTV connects to, attached is a guide (use the Interface Grouping feature without Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF) )
Hi billion_fan

I used the IPTV setup as you suggested however the setup uses PPPOE and TalkTalk use IPoE so I wasn't able to activate IGMP Multicast Proxy because it isn't available for IPoE, will this make a big difference? The rest of the setup went fine
It shouldn't make a difference as long as your IPTV is working fine.

Post Reply