7800dx usb share problem

Post Reply
sabre999uk
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 pm

7800dx usb share problem

Post by sabre999uk » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi,
My friend has bought a external usb 1tb hard drive and connected it to his 7800dx and set up Tony as a user.

We are having trouble getting both windows 7 home premium and windows 10 connecting and staying connected. Trying to connect iPhone and iPad to it has proved impossible so far.

Entering into a run window \\192.168.0.1 shows 2 folders
Admin and public.
Inside public is a folder usb1_1_share and in the admin folder there are 2 folders named Tony and usb1_1
Inside usb1_1 is another folder called share

I have a 8900ax with a usb stick plugged in and have admin and Steve as users my folder structure is mnt - disk1_1-steve no mention of admin at all.

Could a kind soul help with instructions for windows and Apple please.

Thanks in advance
Steve

billion_fan
Posts: 5251
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7800dx usb share problem

Post by billion_fan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:00 pm

sabre999uk wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:48 pm
Hi,
My friend has bought a external usb 1tb hard drive and connected it to his 7800dx and set up Tony as a user.

We are having trouble getting both windows 7 home premium and windows 10 connecting and staying connected. Trying to connect iPhone and iPad to it has proved impossible so far.

Entering into a run window \\192.168.0.1 shows 2 folders
Admin and public.
Inside public is a folder usb1_1_share and in the admin folder there are 2 folders named Tony and usb1_1
Inside usb1_1 is another folder called share

I have a 8900ax with a usb stick plugged in and have admin and Steve as users my folder structure is mnt - disk1_1-steve no mention of admin at all.

Could a kind soul help with instructions for windows and Apple please.

Thanks in advance
Steve
What firmware version are you running on your 7800DX??

sabre999uk
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: 7800dx usb share problem

Post by sabre999uk » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi,
It's 2.32e.

Steve

billion_fan
Posts: 5251
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7800dx usb share problem

Post by billion_fan » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:51 am

sabre999uk wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:15 pm
Hi,
It's 2.32e.

Steve
Attached is guide I created off fw 2.32e.d12 (latest is d13 which I have attached and should be the same)

Mac IOS won't work as they have pulled older samba support from their latest OS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sabre999uk
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: 7800dx usb share problem

Post by sabre999uk » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:12 pm

Hi,
Thanks for that, I'll send it to him and see how how he gets on, I should have clarified that I meant Apple iPhone and iPad totally forgot about Mac PC's having never used one.

Steve

billion_fan
Posts: 5251
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7800dx usb share problem

Post by billion_fan » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:35 pm

sabre999uk wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:12 pm
Hi,
Thanks for that, I'll send it to him and see how how he gets on, I should have clarified that I meant Apple iPhone and iPad totally forgot about Mac PC's having never used one.

Steve
Not sure about iPads/iPhones, might be possible with third party software

Post Reply