Does this affect Billion routers

General discussions for anything not model specific
Tomken

Does this affect Billion routers

Post by Tomken »

Came across this article http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/Jan/273 and was wondering if this threat affected us Billion users ?

If so, would disabling UPnP counter it and if it affects Billion routers - are Billion addressing this threat ?

Edit - I've since came across a more definitive list of affected routers which does include some Billion routers http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=14361
billion_fan

Re: Does this affect Billion routers

Post by billion_fan »

The Bipac 7800DXL\DX\VDOX has already been patched to resolve this issue. (2.31)

There is nothing to worry about
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

billion_fan wrote:The Bipac 7800DXL\DX\VDOX has already been patched to resolve this issue. (2.31)

Thanks for the reply, billion_fan.

As a 7800N user, from the list I found that I wasn't affected but that still leaves the 7700N users vulnerable - will their concerns be addressed ?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Tomken wrote:
billion_fan wrote:The Bipac 7800DXL\DX\VDOX has already been patched to resolve this issue. (2.31)

Thanks for the reply, billion_fan.

As a 7800N user, from the list I found that I wasn't affected but that still leaves the 7700N users vulnerable - will their concerns be addressed ?
It depends if Broadcom release a fix in the next firmware release.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

Thanks.

A little bit off topic, but has there been any word from the engineers regarding the fix for f/w 1.06h for the 7800N yet ?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Tomken wrote:Thanks.

A little bit off topic, but has there been any word from the engineers regarding the fix for f/w 1.06h for the 7800N yet ?
What fix are you referring too?
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

The blank DHCP Table.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Tomken wrote:The blank DHCP Table.
No update yet, i don't think our engineers can replicate it.

Really need someone who has this issue, and can provide remote access to our engineers to they can see what the issue is.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

OK.

I'll update mine to 1.06h tomorrow - don't have time today and if I get the same problem then I'll use the phone support so they can use remote access.

If I get connectivity problems with that f/w as others have experienced, will it be okay to revert to 1.06g, or will phone support be able to check that out as well ?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Tomken wrote:OK.

I'll update mine to 1.06h tomorrow - don't have time today and if I get the same problem then I'll use the phone support so they can use remote access.

If I get connectivity problems with that f/w as others have experienced, will it be okay to revert to 1.06g, or will phone support be able to check that out as well ?
For remote access best way is to submit a ticket, so we can agree a time with our engineers and with you for remote access.

I've not heard of any issues with 1.06h only this DHCP blank table issue, so I think you should be fine