7800DXL with 3100SN

garystrac

7800DXL with 3100SN

Post by garystrac »

I am trying to get the two of these communicating in wireless mode only no ethernet. I wand to use the 3100SN as a range extender for the wireless network of the 7800DXL. Having all sorts of issues with the 7800DXL crashing while changine the wireless settings. Have loaded the Beta version of the new firmware and will now download the new version of the new firmware (tonight).
What is the best way to set the suytem up to use the 3100SN as a wireless extender. Do I set them both up with the same SSID and WEP code. Set them up seperately and link the corresponding Mac addresses on each unit in Lazy or repeater mode.
The two units are both Billion products, the manuals are poor! it really should not be this difficult?
billion_fan

Re: 7800DXL with 3100SN

Post by billion_fan »

garystrac wrote:I am trying to get the two of these communicating in wireless mode only no ethernet. I wand to use the 3100SN as a range extender for the wireless network of the 7800DXL. Having all sorts of issues with the 7800DXL crashing while changine the wireless settings. Have loaded the Beta version of the new firmware and will now download the new version of the new firmware (tonight).
What is the best way to set the suytem up to use the 3100SN as a wireless extender. Do I set them both up with the same SSID and WEP code. Set them up seperately and link the corresponding Mac addresses on each unit in Lazy or repeater mode.
The two units are both Billion products, the manuals are poor! it really should not be this difficult?
Its not that difficult, use the AP-client function on the Bipac 3100SN, for a simple setup, also disable WDS mode on both devices

I have the 7800DXL setup with a Bipac 2073N (same as the 3100SN but has homeplug tech which I am not using) in AP-Client mode and it repeats the signal no problem.

The new firmware should resolve all issues regarding lockups. (BillionUK_7800DXL_cfe_2.31.RC4.3.zip)