[UPDATE] Steam gaming - voice chat - crashing router !!!!!

stevebyo

[UPDATE] Steam gaming - voice chat - crashing router !!!!!

Post by stevebyo »

7800DXL - latest update
Power saving options off

Hi,

My son has discovered that although games played via the Steam gaming platform work fine, when he begins to use voice chat it crashes the 7800dxl 100% of the time.

Symptom - all appears OK on router but all connected devices wireless and wired lose connection and the only way to recover is to power on/off.

Any ideas. ?

Cheers steve
Last edited by stevebyo on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billion_fan

Re: Steam gaming - voice chat - crashing router !!!!!

Post by billion_fan »

stevebyo wrote:7800DXL - latest update
Power saving options off

Hi,

My son has discovered that although games played via the Steam gaming platform work fine, when he begins to use voice chat it crashes the 7800dxl 100% of the time.

Symptom - all appears OK on router but all connected devices wireless and wired lose connection and the only way to recover is to power on/off.

Any ideas. ?

Cheers steve
Is your son using voice chat over steam??

I want to try and replicate your issue, so any more information you can provide will help.
deniserock

Post by deniserock »

If you could just elaborate your issue and provide a detailed information we would also like to help you.
stevebyo

Post by stevebyo »

Hi,

The voice chat is Steam's in build version - all i know at the moment is when he first initiates a conversation initial speech is heard, very quickly cut off, next the 7800DXL loses all network connections and has to be power cycled to recover !!

I have a D-Link 2640R which when subsituted for the Billion works fine ?

Steve
stevebyo

Post by stevebyo »

Hi,

Anyone else confirm this issue with STEAM gaming chat ? - This has literally stopped me using the Billion at all !! some feed back would be helpful one way or another.

thanks

Steve
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

stevebyo wrote:Hi,

Anyone else confirm this issue with STEAM gaming chat ? - This has literally stopped me using the Billion at all !! some feed back would be helpful one way or another.

thanks

Steve
The only thing close to this is when I used to connect to a VPN. I still have to confirm this and I better because it isn't helping that i have not reported back. I just didn't want my router to freeze. Ill check tonight before the bugs get set to closed.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

stevebyo can you please submit a ticket here

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

thanks

Steve

Just tested Steam chat on firmware 2.24b and no issue here. No lock ups

See the attached screen shot, showing the web gui of the router (7800DXL) and voice chat working
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stevebyo

Post by stevebyo »

Hi,

created a Ticket - #YWD-715-87725

Thank you for you input - were you using XP as this my operating system ? I have tried a clean install of Win 7 on another machine and indeed that worked although that does not really help me !

Steve
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

created a Ticket - #YWD-715-87725

Thank you for you input - were you using XP as this my operating system ? I have tried a clean install of Win 7 on another machine and indeed that worked although that does not really help me !

Steve
I'll try windows xp machine soon, I'll drop you a update via our support ticket