Lock ups

kenny70

Lock ups

Post by kenny70 »

As mentioned on one of other threads i'm also getting lock ups after altering wifi settings only fix for me is to reset power
swatboy79

Re: Lock ups

Post by swatboy79 »

Seeing this too. also when it does finally take settings, some settings will not be remember like turning off 5ghz, setting the access point guess names
and disabling them will NOT save even if it doesnt hang.
kenny70

Post by kenny70 »

pressed apply in 2.4 wireless settings tonight even though i changed nothing and router switched itself off then on again
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

kenny70 wrote:pressed apply in 2.4 wireless settings tonight even though i changed nothing and router switched itself off then on again
I am trying to replicate the issue now, changing settings on both the 2.4g page and the 5g page no reboot yet, but I'll keep trying.
kenny70

Post by kenny70 »

dosesnt seem to be a set pattern to it locking up, i will try and see if i can find a way it locks up

kenny
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

Just as a quick note, it happened most of the time when i was trying the 2.4ghz / 5ghz work around test by turning on guest accounts etc and juggling things about.

It took about 5 lockups / reboots / stair-runs :) before i got the work around working. I have since turned off the 5ghz network (which also took a couple of hangs) so that i can avoid issues until a new FW version comes out.

But i agree with Kenny, there is no rhyme or reason when it may or happen, not that i can tell anyway....
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:Just as a quick note, it happened most of the time when i was trying the 2.4ghz / 5ghz work around test by turning on guest accounts etc and juggling things about.

It took about 5 lockups / reboots / stair-runs :) before i got the work around working. I have since turned off the 5ghz network (which also took a couple of hangs) so that i can avoid issues until a new FW version comes out.

But i agree with Kenny, there is no rhyme or reason when it may or happen, not that i can tell anyway....
I'm hoping the new firmware will resolve the lock up issues, once I get the firmware for the DXL, I'll play around with it and see how it goes.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

HI kenny/swatboy79

Can you try the following firmware on the attached link to see if you get lock ups?? (you will need to reset back to factory default settings after the firmware upgrade to ensure all changes are implemented correctly, DO NOT restore settings from previous firmware builds)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=822

Cheers
kenny70

Post by kenny70 »

just upgraded will let you know if i get any lock ups

kenny
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

kenny70 wrote:just upgraded will let you know if i get any lock ups

kenny