Set hangs at “Please wait while the unit configures”

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
stevebez

Set hangs at “Please wait while the unit configures”

Post by stevebez »

So got a new 8900 - is there anyway to bypass the initial setup and restore my old 8900 config file?

Currently the system says as per title “please wait while system is configured” etc yet after 10 mins its come back saying wan setup failed etc… and now have to repeat the setup procedure 🤦‍♂️

Please advise what is easiest way to get the 8900 to the setup screen so I can restore my config file
billion_fan

Re: Set hangs at “Please wait while the unit configures”

Post by billion_fan »

stevebez wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:35 pm So got a new 8900 - is there anyway to bypass the initial setup and restore my old 8900 config file?

Currently the system says as per title “please wait while system is configured” etc yet after 10 mins its come back saying wan setup failed etc… and now have to repeat the setup procedure 🤦‍♂️

Please advise what is easiest way to get the 8900 to the setup screen so I can restore my config file
Best to login manually on http://192.168.1.254 (type this in your address bar to bypass the quick start option)

Then login (default username and password is 'admin' and 'admin') then click on 'Configuration >> System >> Backup / Update'
stevebez

Post by stevebez »

That's just it the option to select "configuration" is not available.

The unit takes me into an automated setup procedure - where I need to add a number of fields and settings which it then "validates" - for example if I didn't have the DSL line connected it would halt at that point.

Perhaps a setup wizard has been activated? Maybe a hard reset would clear that?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

stevebez wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:31 pm That's just it the option to select "configuration" is not available.

The unit takes me into an automated setup procedure - where I need to add a number of fields and settings which it then "validates" - for example if I didn't have the DSL line connected it would halt at that point.

Perhaps a setup wizard has been activated? Maybe a hard reset would clear that?
Reset the unit back to factory default settings, and try using a different web browser, normally after a factory reset, once you open a web browser, it will re-direct you to the easy sign on setup page, just delete everything after the .254 so it should be http://192.168.1.254, then login and restore your config
stevebez

Post by stevebez »

Thanks will try!