SNMP server query

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
nightcustard

SNMP server query

Post by nightcustard »

Hi billion_fan

I'm running firmware 2.52.d51t2 on an 8900AX2400

My 8900 is set up with ptm0.1 as the normal WAN interface but I've recently added an eth5.1 interface to experiment with using a third-party modem. Both interfaces are enabled with the intent the 8900 will use the eth5.1 interface when the VDSL input is disconnected and the ptm0.1 interface when the VDSL input is reconnected. This works fine except for the SNMP server.

With the 8900 set up as above, the SNMP server provides data to an agent when the eth5.1 interface is active but if the VDSL signal is connected, the SNMP data is only provided if the eth5.1 interface is removed from the WAN set up.

This is only a minor inconvenience but I'd appreciate it if a remedy (providing SNMP data without having to remove the eth5.1 WAN interface definition) could be added to some future firmware update.

Cheers, Mike
billion_fan

Re: SNMP server query

Post by billion_fan »

Can you try the latest firmware and let me know if the same issues occurs (you can upgrade with current settings option selected)

So it needed I can report this issues on the latest fw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nightcustard

Post by nightcustard »

Hi billion_fan and thanks! Yes, I can confirm the latest firmware shows the same behaviour - as soon as I define the eth5.1 WAN interface, the SNMP data relating to the (in use) ptm interface stops and it recommences as soon as I remove the eth5.1 interface.
Regards Mike
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nightcustard wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:02 am Hi billion_fan and thanks! Yes, I can confirm the latest firmware shows the same behaviour - as soon as I define the eth5.1 WAN interface, the SNMP data relating to the (in use) ptm interface stops and it recommences as soon as I remove the eth5.1 interface.
Regards Mike
Let me check with our engineers and get back to you
treacle

Post by treacle »

billion_fan wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:21 am Can you try the latest firmware and let me know if the same issues occurs (you can upgrade with current settings option selected)
Thanks for the upgraded firmware download :D
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nightcustard wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:02 am Hi billion_fan and thanks! Yes, I can confirm the latest firmware shows the same behaviour - as soon as I define the eth5.1 WAN interface, the SNMP data relating to the (in use) ptm interface stops and it recommences as soon as I remove the eth5.1 interface.
Regards Mike
Engineers are asking for the following

1. Please email a back up of your config to support@billion.uk.com (please let us know the password for the unit)

2. What specific type of SNMP data is the customer using? (this can be sent in the email also)