SQM aka Smart Queue Management (Optimize for Conferencing and Gaming)

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
edblun

SQM aka Smart Queue Management (Optimize for Conferencing and Gaming)

Post by edblun »

Hi,
suffering from extremely poor broadband speeds, most days its barely 450kbps (oh yeah, that low) i have just recently been made aware of SQM aka Smart Queue Management. I have searched the forum for posts regarding this but can only find one relating to the EERO router as a linking device.

So, my question is this: can I with my billion BiPac 8900AX R2, make use of this technology, via say, QoS or something & if so how?

many thanks in advance.

regards,

ed
billion_fan

Re: SQM aka Smart Queue Management (Optimize for Conferencing and Gaming)

Post by billion_fan »

edblun wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:30 pm Hi,
suffering from extremely poor broadband speeds, most days its barely 450kbps (oh yeah, that low) i have just recently been made aware of SQM aka Smart Queue Management. I have searched the forum for posts regarding this but can only find one relating to the EERO router as a linking device.

So, my question is this: can I with my billion BiPac 8900AX R2, make use of this technology, via say, QoS or something & if so how?

many thanks in advance.

regards,

ed
Try looking here (the billion only has QOS)

https://www.forum.billion.uk.com/viewto ... 0d3#p26380
edblun

Post by edblun »

Hi Billionfan,
thanks for that, tried setting that up, but I get an error on setting up, a pop-up window states:
JAVASCRIPT from "198.168.1.254"
Internal IP Address : Invalid

just for clarity, I did input the details as outlined in the example below.
have I done something wrong?
thanks in advance
regards,
ed
Qos example.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

edblun wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:35 am Hi Billionfan,
thanks for that, tried setting that up, but I get an error on setting up, a pop-up window states:
JAVASCRIPT from "198.168.1.254"
Internal IP Address : Invalid

just for clarity, I did input the details as outlined in the example below.
have I done something wrong?
thanks in advance
regards,
ed

Qos example.png
The internal IP address range should be the within your routers range eg Billion 192.168.1.254 DHCP - 192.168.1.100 ~ 192.168.1.199

So the internal IP address range should be 192.168.1.1 ~ 192.168.1.253 *(so we cover all IP's even outside the DHCP range)*

Please note this rule is for bufferbloat which what happens is when the upload is fully used, you have issues downloading/web browsing as the upload is all used up, with this rule we limit all devices upload to 80% leaving 20% upload for downloads/web browsing (I assume your upload is also low so you can try setting this 90% and see how it goes)