Guest Wireless Network

Got a suggestion or want to add something to our future wishlist?
wifiuk

Guest Wireless Network

Post by wifiuk »

I would like to request being able to have a guest wireless network like most other major routers, and be able to have wireless isolation from the LAN.

Thanks in advance
JamieG

Re: Guest Wireless Network

Post by JamieG »

I second this request for the 7800N after my silly kids (who are too young to know anything about e-safety) infected my NAS!

I'm surprised that this feature is not available on what was the highest spec product when I bought within the last year yet it does appear on the more basic AV200 homeplug product BiPAC 2073N:

http://www.billion.com/BillionUK/Billio ... 012.html#4

Thank you for reading/considering.
Jamie G
Making the world a better place, one presentation at a time http://www.gmark.co
slimgym

Post by slimgym »

Thirded. My neighbour (who has no internet connectivity) has lodgers who have asked to use mine. They are only using it for basic low bandwidth applications but I would rather they had no access to the rest of my LAN. Even my previous router - a BT HomeHub - supported multiple wifi networks which are isolated from each other. Please consider this feature.
wifiuk

Post by wifiuk »

i know i originally said yes, and i am again!

would be really helpful to add this feature, it has been about on really old routers for ages!

does anyone from billion even look at this forum?

I'm guessing not
slimgym

Post by slimgym »

You'd hope someone looks at the Wishlist forum ;)

I tried various things to keep the neighbours away from the NAS but because the firewall (and routing) happens between the WAN and LAN interfaces there's not much you can do. The VLAN feature looked like it would suffice but in the 7800 only works if you have a separate PVC to the outside world.

It would be good to have the guest SSID added though, there are a lot of high end features in this router but just a couple of silly niggles.
wifiuk

Post by wifiuk »

i contact billion directly and they said this has already been submitted to head office to be added in the next firmware, but there is no ETA as of yet
dklemm

Post by dklemm »

+1 for guest WIFI

I purchased a billion after retuning a draytek with DNS issues, I just expected this feature on a £200 router as its very common on many low end devices.
wifiuk

Post by wifiuk »

they have released a new router with this in it, so i guess we are never going to get this feature for this model :(
ashleyco

Post by ashleyco »

does anyone from billion even look at this forum?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

ashleyco wrote:does anyone from billion even look at this forum?
Yes we do, and adverstising is not permitted