8800AXL - Possible to turn LED lights off?

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
Spudgun

8800AXL - Possible to turn LED lights off?

Post by Spudgun »

Good morning :-)

Due to the location in which I have my 8800AXL it would be advantageous to be able to turn all the LED lights off. I know that other Asus and Zyxel devices can do this, but is there any way to do this on the 8800AXL?
frogfoot

Re: 8800AXL - Possible to turn LED lights off?

Post by frogfoot »

Not that I know of, unless you use the old masking tape trick ;-)
Spudgun

Post by Spudgun »

Thanks frogfoot, I was pretty sure there was nothing in the various setup menus that would allow me to do this, but it is good to know that I haven't missed anything.

I wonder if Billion_fan could speak to the firmware writers to see if this can be added to firmwares or if there is a telnet command I can enter to turn them off?
frogfoot

Post by frogfoot »

Hmm, thinking on it I think there is LEDCTL command in telnet, what the syntax is I don't know.
Spudgun

Post by Spudgun »

Sadly, the LEDCTL telnet command doesn't do a great deal. You can turn off the power and internet LED but the ethernet and wifi ones remain on.

I'm hoping Billion_fan could have a kind word with the technicians, as it shouldn't be too hard to add this to the firmware I wouldn't think and it would allow me to sleep better at night without having to resort to some electrical tape
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Spudgun wrote:Sadly, the LEDCTL telnet command doesn't do a great deal. You can turn off the power and internet LED but the ethernet and wifi ones remain on.

I'm hoping Billion_fan could have a kind word with the technicians, as it shouldn't be too hard to add this to the firmware I wouldn't think and it would allow me to sleep better at night without having to resort to some electrical tape
Just fired a email off to our engineers, I'll drop a reply once I get one :D
Spudgun

Post by Spudgun »

Thank you very much, as even using the 'electrical tape method' the light still leaks out of the grill at the top of the router.

Would be awesome if I could turn them all off and plunge the room back into darkness at night :)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Spudgun wrote:Thank you very much, as even using the 'electrical tape method' the light still leaks out of the grill at the top of the router.

Would be awesome if I could turn them all off and plunge the room back into darkness at night :)
I would use Blu-Tack for the time being :D
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote:
Spudgun wrote:Sadly, the LEDCTL telnet command doesn't do a great deal. You can turn off the power and internet LED but the ethernet and wifi ones remain on.

Just fired a email off to our engineers, I'll drop a reply once I get one :D
Just got a reply from our engineers

The LEDs (wireless and LAN) that are controlled by chip and bundled in BCM's object code, So..... we can't control it.
Spudgun

Post by Spudgun »

Thank you very much for trying, I think i'll send this back for a refund then and get one that you can turn off instead