8800nl - security settings

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
davidc

8800nl - security settings

Post by davidc »

I have set up my 8800NL to work as a vdsl modem router with BTInfinity. All OK. But I don't want any wireless component as I only use a wired connection to my pc. I have disabled the "Wireless" setting but would like to make the security even more sure by creating a security code for outside access to my wireless signal (were it to be working). I know this is overkill if I switch off the entire wireless security but nevertheless, could someone please point me to the precise fields in the configuration pages I need to use to set up my own pass code for the wireless signal and which ones I should use. I find the security types and instructions in the manual too complicated to make sense of.

Thanks for help with this.
billion_fan

Re: 8800nl - security settings

Post by billion_fan »

davidc wrote:I have set up my 8800NL to work as a vdsl modem router with BTInfinity. All OK. But I don't want any wireless component as I only use a wired connection to my pc. I have disabled the "Wireless" setting but would like to make the security even more sure by creating a security code for outside access to my wireless signal (were it to be working). I know this is overkill if I switch off the entire wireless security but nevertheless, could someone please point me to the precise fields in the configuration pages I need to use to set up my own pass code for the wireless signal and which ones I should use. I find the security types and instructions in the manual too complicated to make sense of.

Thanks for help with this.
Try following the attached screen shot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davidc

Re: 8800nl - security settings

Post by davidc »

Great! Just what I needed. Many thanks.