unable to connect to setup on new router following restart

djseraphim

unable to connect to setup on new router following restart

Post by djseraphim »

I've just bought the 7800n

I managed to connect to the router via ethernet cable to my pc, i made a few config changes, saved them and the router restarted. Since it restarted I have been unable to reconnect to the web interface via 192.168.1.254 I just keep getting a timeout. I have tried with two pcs and a mobile phone ( i am able to connect to the wireless network). The lights flash on the front to show that I am connected but I just cannot get into the router setup. I have tried reseting and this made no difference. I have not tried to do any firmware updates. Pinging 192.168.1.254 also fails. Does anyone have any ideas?
SinkRate

Re: unable to connect to setup on new router following resta

Post by SinkRate »

Can you access the web interface by entering home.gateway instead of the IP address ?
djseraphim

Post by djseraphim »

I'm afraid that is timing out as well
djseraphim

Post by djseraphim »

IPv4 Address is 192.168.1.100
Default Gateway 192.168.1.254
DHCP Server 192.168.1.254
djseraphim

Post by djseraphim »

I've sorted the problem , it seems that I hadnt reset the router properly, it seems you to hold the reset button for alot longer than 1 second, more like 10 seconds plus.
SinkRate

Post by SinkRate »

Assuming the PCs are running Windows, click Start, type cmd.exe in the search box and press return. Enter ipconfig /all in the cmd window.
What IP addresses are shown for Default Gateway and DHCP Server ?
djseraphim

Post by djseraphim »

sorry Sink i've now managed to get into the admin console by holding the reset button longer than the 'more than one second' that they quote in the manual, i did list some ip deatils in an earlier post
SinkRate

Post by SinkRate »

No problem, I should have refreshed the page before replying. All sorted so that's ok.
djseraphim

Post by djseraphim »

Could anybody help me with the settings I need to input to use the 7800N as a secondary router. I need to temporarily use my old Netgear DG834 purely as a modem ( until i acquire my sky username/password) but I would like to use the wireless/ggabit lan on the 7800N. I beleive I need to set DMZ on the Netgear but i'm nost sure what setting to use in the 7800N?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

You want to set the 7800N wan settings to EWAN, obtain a IP address automatically.

Once the 7800N receives a IP from your netgear router, you can then setup DMZ to the IP that is given to the 7800N. (Set DMZ within your netgear router)

You must connect the netgear to the EWAN port on the 7800N. DMZ is a must as you will be using 2 sets of NAT.