internet connection lost

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
grumpyoldman

internet connection lost

Post by grumpyoldman »

I am having problems with internet connection dropping. The WiFi connection to all devices is being lost on a regular basis, twice in last 24 hours.. Each time I reboot the router and this resolves the problem. I have connected a laptop direct to router with ethernet cable when WiFi signal has been lost and was unable to connect to internet via ethernet cable. This suggests problem is with router or broadband supply. Have checked with my ISP and no faults have been found.

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem.

One suggestion I have is that it may be a power supply problem and that another power supply unit is tried. The one supplied with router is described as 'switching mode adaptor' and is rated at 12V ---- 2A. I have a number of adaptors all rated at 12V ----- 1A, but not switching mode. Would it be safe to try one of these?

Thank you.
billion_fan

Re: internet connection lost

Post by billion_fan »

grumpyoldman wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:58 pm I am having problems with internet connection dropping. The WiFi connection to all devices is being lost on a regular basis, twice in last 24 hours.. Each time I reboot the router and this resolves the problem. I have connected a laptop direct to router with ethernet cable when WiFi signal has been lost and was unable to connect to internet via ethernet cable. This suggests problem is with router or broadband supply. Have checked with my ISP and no faults have been found.

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem.

One suggestion I have is that it may be a power supply problem and that another power supply unit is tried. The one supplied with router is described as 'switching mode adaptor' and is rated at 12V ---- 2A. I have a number of adaptors all rated at 12V ----- 1A, but not switching mode. Would it be safe to try one of these?

Thank you.
I don't think its the power supply, as if it was it wouldn't power on.

Can you confirm the model number, I assume by looking at your power supply specs its the Bipac 8800NL (white device)

Also do you have a copy of the system log from the router once the issue has occurred so I can investigate
grumpyoldman

Post by grumpyoldman »

Thank you for your reply

The router is Billion BiPAC 8800AXL R2.

There is nothing on system log after January 1st.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

grumpyoldman wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:28 pm Thank you for your reply

The router is Billion BiPAC 8800AXL R2.

There is nothing on system log after January 1st.
As you have just rebooted the router, the system log will be blank.

Wait for the issue to occur again, and then login to the device, copy and paste the whole system log to a notepad file, then reboot to gain internet access again, finally open the notepad file and copy and paste the logs here
grumpyoldman

Post by grumpyoldman »

Thanks, will respond in due course.
grumpyoldman

Post by grumpyoldman »

Internet had gone down and I tried to log into router by connecting pc using ethernet cable. Unable to connect, error message 'no internet' so unable to log in.

Any suggestions how I overcome this problem?

Thanks
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

grumpyoldman wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:18 pm Internet had gone down and I tried to log into router by connecting pc using ethernet cable. Unable to connect, error message 'no internet' so unable to log in.

Any suggestions how I overcome this problem?

Thanks
Did you try using the IP address http://192.168.1.254 (I assume you were able to login to the device with this IP address before?)
grumpyoldman

Post by grumpyoldman »

Yes that's the IP address I used, which I have used to log in before.

Will wait until internet goes down again and give it another try.

Interestingly apart from yesterday the internet has generally gone down in the evening.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

grumpyoldman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:05 am Yes that's the IP address I used, which I have used to log in before.

Will wait until internet goes down again and give it another try.

Interestingly apart from yesterday the internet has generally gone down in the evening.
Do you know what firmware version you are running??
grumpyoldman

Post by grumpyoldman »

Software version: 2.52.d5

wireless driver: 7.49.6