7800DXL - does autoreboot work?

peterb99

7800DXL - does autoreboot work?

Post by peterb99 »

Hi,

I updated to software version 2.32b a few days ago and am experimenting with the new auto-reboot feature. The first row of checkboxes on the 'Schedule' panel are all checked (enabled) and the time field is set to '1.00'. The second row of checkboxes is unchecked.

My interpretation of this is that the router should reboot at 1.00am each day. However, when I look at the 'Status' screen, WAN, Connection Time it says the router has been connected for '1 Day(s) 01:11:40'. If it rebooted at 1.00am this morning and it's now 9.38am surely it should say '0 Day(s) 08:38:00'?

Is the implication therefore that the router did NOT reboot? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Note, I've been running this process for several days now and not once does it appear to have rebooted.

Has anyone got the reboot process working and if so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Pete
billion_fan

Re: 7800DXL - does autoreboot work?

Post by billion_fan »

peterb99 wrote:Hi,

I updated to software version 2.32b a few days ago and am experimenting with the new auto-reboot feature. The first row of checkboxes on the 'Schedule' panel are all checked (enabled) and the time field is set to '1.00'. The second row of checkboxes is unchecked.

My interpretation of this is that the router should reboot at 1.00am each day. However, when I look at the 'Status' screen, WAN, Connection Time it says the router has been connected for '1 Day(s) 01:11:40'. If it rebooted at 1.00am this morning and it's now 9.38am surely it should say '0 Day(s) 08:38:00'?

Is the implication therefore that the router did NOT reboot? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Note, I've been running this process for several days now and not once does it appear to have rebooted.

Has anyone got the reboot process working and if so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Pete

Just tested the function and works fine here, I tested it twice (once with all days selected and the other with just today selected and it rebooted each time)

See attached screen shots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterb99

Post by peterb99 »

Hi billion_fan,

Thanks for this. Did you Factory Reset before you updated the firmware? I didn't - maybe that's a possible reason?

Hmm.. just tried what you tried by setting a reboot a couple of minutes ahead of the current time using line 2 of the settings checkboxes and it rebooted! Not sure now why the first line settings should not be working for me.

Pete
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

peterb99 wrote:Hi billion_fan,

Thanks for this. Did you Factory Reset before you updated the firmware? I didn't - maybe that's a possible reason?

Hmm.. just tried what you tried by setting a reboot a couple of minutes ahead of the current time using line 2 of the settings checkboxes and it rebooted! Not sure now why the first line settings should not be working for me.

Pete
I didn't reset the unit before updating as this is not needed, only after a the upgrade did I reset back to factory defaults and then configure the router again from scratch.

If possible try line one again and set the time to a minutes ahead for a quick test.
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

Forgive me if you think I'm being a bit rude but after applying the change did you actually save the configuration?

It's something many have , including me :oops: .
peterb99

Post by peterb99 »

tinytim wrote:Forgive me if you think I'm being a bit rude but after applying the change did you actually save the configuration?

Good thought! But yes, I clicked the "Apply" button. That should save it, yes?
peterb99

Post by peterb99 »

[quote="billion_fan"
I didn't reset the unit before updating as this is not needed, only after a the upgrade did I reset back to factory defaults and then configure the router again from scratch.

If possible try line one again and set the time to a minutes ahead for a quick test.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification on factory reset. I've just done a factory reset and another 'couple of minutes from now' auto-reboot and it worked. I'll set the 1.00am schedule and monitor from now. Perhaps I should have factory reset after the firmware update.

I'll post back tomorrow with the result! In the meantime many thanks for the rapid responses and suggestions.

Pete
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

tinytim wrote:Forgive me if you think I'm being a bit rude but after applying the change did you actually save the configuration?

On the new 7800 series, just click on 'Apply' and it will save your settings.