XBox Live, Open NAT uPnP all OK?

Tooros

XBox Live, Open NAT uPnP all OK?

Post by Tooros »

Hi All,

I'm about to splash on a 7800DXL to replace my DG834N.

I'm on Be Unlimited (fingers crossed SKY don't mess it all up)

I have a lot to connect wirelessly (daughter and wife via a host of pads, phones, laptops, desktops etc) but my main concern is Xbox Live.

My Xbox is wired in as will be whatever next gen console I choose will be.

Fibre is a long way off, wifi coverage is important - hence I find my way here.

I'm not keen on using the DMZ option for the Xbox. I'd like uPnP to work - in fairness to the Netgear - it's been faultless in that respect.

Open NAT is a big issue on Xbox Live - is that easily done? (I've noticed the ability to enable/disable) on screen shots somewhere here during searches but I'm not sure if that is the 7800DXL)

If anyone could possibly reassure me things will be fine I'll push the 'buy' button straight away.

Many Thanks!
billion_fan

Re: XBox Live, Open NAT uPnP all OK?

Post by billion_fan »

Tooros wrote:Hi All,

I'm about to splash on a 7800DXL to replace my DG834N.

I'm on Be Unlimited (fingers crossed SKY don't mess it all up)

I have a lot to connect wirelessly (daughter and wife via a host of pads, phones, laptops, desktops etc) but my main concern is Xbox Live.

My Xbox is wired in as will be whatever next gen console I choose will be.

Fibre is a long way off, wifi coverage is important - hence I find my way here.

I'm not keen on using the DMZ option for the Xbox. I'd like uPnP to work - in fairness to the Netgear - it's been faultless in that respect.

Open NAT is a big issue on Xbox Live - is that easily done? (I've noticed the ability to enable/disable) on screen shots somewhere here during searches but I'm not sure if that is the 7800DXL)

If anyone could possibly reassure me things will be fine I'll push the 'buy' button straight away.

Many Thanks!
It should work fine, see attached screen shots (at the bottom of the second screen shot, you should see the UPNP rule for the xbox)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tooros

Post by Tooros »

Superb! Thank you for that great answer.

Here we go off to Amazon. :)

Thanks Again.
Tooros

Post by Tooros »

By the way - Any NAT issue?

Simon.
JonathanN

Post by JonathanN »

Hi,

I've had no problems with Xbox live (or PS3) with the default config. on the 7800DXL. Seems to work just fine out of the box (WiFi and wired).

Cheers,
Jonathan
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Tooros wrote:By the way - Any NAT issue?

Simon.
Not that I am aware of :)
Tooros

Post by Tooros »

Thanks again - Order's in.
Should be here tomorrow.
Chats81

Post by Chats81 »

Hi im having issues with this. My router has taken place of the stupid sky hub that i got when i got fibre last week. The router is all set up and every thing works fine but im having NAT issues with xbox live.

Ive tried the DMZ and port forwarding but im still having issues.

After port forwarding then rebooting the router and rebooting the xbox i then do a network test every thing comes up all ok but the second time i do a test it comes up with the nat error please help me befor the xbox and router go out the window.

for you info

xbox is wired in via home plug
i have given the xbox a static ip

i have tried both static and auto ip
i have tried DMZ and port forward both together and independent of one another
Tooros

Post by Tooros »

I know how annoying this will sound but, mine arrived and installed perfectly. I enabled upnp and everything came up ok. Have you checked/unchecked that? If it's not working in the dmz I have no idea. Are you running the billion into the sky box or just the billion itself?
Chats81

Post by Chats81 »

Hi its plugged into the openreach modem and has taken place of the sky hub ive just done a port forward on just the one port think its 3725 without looking reset router and xbox and every thing seems ok at the moment ive done 3 or 4 tests and it seems ok. ill see how i get on