Simultaneous dual band WiFi

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
PDilly

Simultaneous dual band WiFi

Post by PDilly »

I’ve just bought an iPad Pro which supports simultaneous 5 & 2.4 ghz band WiFi
I’m guessing that the 8900AX 2400 doesn’t support that but just puts out 2 separate signals, either of which can be used, but not both.

For a reason that I can’t solve, when I’m sitting in my lounge, the iPad Pro persists in choosing the 5Ghz signal from my study over the 2.4Ghz from my lounge AP, the latter being 100% strength and the former barely registering.

At the moment all I can do is ‘forget” the 5Ghz connection.

Any thoughts anyone?
billion_fan

Re: Simultaneous dual band WiFi

Post by billion_fan »

PDilly wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:01 am I’ve just bought an iPad Pro which supports simultaneous 5 & 2.4 ghz band WiFi
I’m guessing that the 8900AX 2400 doesn’t support that but just puts out 2 separate signals, either of which can be used, but not both.

For a reason that I can’t solve, when I’m sitting in my lounge, the iPad Pro persists in choosing the 5Ghz signal from my study over the 2.4Ghz from my lounge AP, the latter being 100% strength and the former barely registering.

At the moment all I can do is ‘forget” the 5Ghz connection.

Any thoughts anyone?
Not sure, as this seems to be IOS issue, the only thing I can think of is manually switching between the wifi networks when needed.

I did hear someone say, forgot all networks, then re-add them in reverse order (so connect to the 5ghz first then 2.4ghz) hopefully your ipad should pick the 2.4ghz band from then on start up