HI RS correctable errors

rowland

HI RS correctable errors

Post by rowland »

I've had the 7800DXL running for a week now and all appears OK. I did however note a very high ratio of RS correctable errors (see attached - RS words 4641884 words to 600572 correctable errors). I've tried firmware 2.32b and makes no difference. Statistically I get reasonable speeds given that I'm in arural location about 2.5 miles from the exchange (7488, Snr 6.3, att 39). My internet experinece does however feel sluggish. I'm not very technical but can someone advise if I do indeed have a problem and what I could do to fix it. Many thanks Rowland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Philip_L

Re: HI RS correctable errors

Post by Philip_L »

Hi

It doesn't appear to be anything to worry about. You have around 12% error rate on RS Words which does seem a little high, but as these are all correctable they've had no effect on your connection. RS Uncorrectable errors, which is the thing to be worried about, is zero and super frame errors are zero.

Errors often come in bursts due to interference so it really depends on how they average out over 24 or 48 hours, but given they were all corrected, the errors being introduced on to your line are minor and are completely repaired by error correction and interleaving, and that's what it's there for :)

Regards

Phil