8900AX 1600 R2 Keeps Hanging.

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
RandomGeeza

8900AX 1600 R2 Keeps Hanging.

Post by RandomGeeza »

Hi,

My unit keeps hanging in the UI. So, if I click through some of the settings it hangs and becomes unresponsive. It can sit there for a few minutes but then it catches itself up. This is new behaviour. Only yesterday it was working as intended with no hangs/freezing and there were no issues.

I was on the d19 firmware, but rolled back to the released d15 firmware, with the same results. It keeps freezing.
I reset the unit and then imported a setting backup from a month ago, same results. It keeps freezing.

I'm at a loss at to what to do next?

Any help appreciated before I put a claim in on the unit's guarantee, it is less than a year old.

Cheers...
RandomGeeza

Re: 8900AX 1600 R2 Keeps Hanging.

Post by RandomGeeza »

Further to above...

I have completely reset the unit and started from scratch. It seems to have resolved the freezing issue. But leaves me in a complete fresh state, with no personal config.

I am hesitant to import my config file or to even begin to config the unit back into a more workable spec.

Will continue to update. Hoping that I don't trigger something.
RandomGeeza

Post by RandomGeeza »

What I can add is that it freezes when I click on ARP.

Up until that the unit responds.

After clicking on ARP it hangs.
RandomGeeza

Post by RandomGeeza »

It took some time, but I have managed to circumvent the hanging by completely resetting the unit and starting from scratch.

Certainly not an ideal solution, or start to a Sunday morning. But, it gets it all working again.
RandomGeeza

Post by RandomGeeza »

ARGH!!!!!!! Spoke tooooo soon. A reboot of the router and it's newly configured spec. And the problem is back.

If I click on ARP, the UI freezes and becomes unresponsive. It hangs for about a minute, but then catches itself up.

Thoughts?
RandomGeeza

Post by RandomGeeza »

RandomGeeza wrote:ARGH!!!!!!! Spoke tooooo soon. A reboot of the router and it's newly configured spec. And the problem is back.

If I click on ARP, the UI freezes and becomes unresponsive. It hangs for about a minute, but then catches itself up.

Thoughts?
I have decided to live with and leave well alone... No need to respond, consider the issue a non-event. Thanks.