Load balancing?

psykix

Load balancing?

Post by psykix »

I'm struggling to figure out how to load balance between the ADSL port and the EWAN port?

I want to load balance between the two, but also if possible push 443 traffic from one device down one WAN connection, and 563 down the other WAN connection.

I presume this is possible, but cannot figure where to set it up?

Cheers!
billion_fan

Re: Load balancing?

Post by billion_fan »

psykix wrote:I'm struggling to figure out how to load balance between the ADSL port and the EWAN port?

I want to load balance between the two, but also if possible push 443 traffic from one device down one WAN connection, and 563 down the other WAN connection.

I presume this is possible, but cannot figure where to set it up?

Cheers!

The new 7800 series does not support load balancing, this is listed incorrectly on Amazon. We are trying to get the listing on Amazon amended ASAP.
psykix

Post by psykix »

Oh bugger....

That's not good news....
eqcons

Post by eqcons »

Yes, caught me out the same way! I was able to sort of achieve it though - if you set up a static route for the traffic you want to use the eWAN that will work. (I route all NNTP over the second WAN that way)

Jim
psykix

Post by psykix »

I've gone back to my Draytek - I need to be able to route specific ports from a particular IP address down either/or WAN, and then the rest of the traffic load balanced. It works fine on the Draytek :-)
eqcons

Post by eqcons »

psykix wrote:I've gone back to my Draytek - I need to be able to route specific ports from a particular IP address down either/or WAN, and then the rest of the traffic load balanced. It works fine on the Draytek :-)
Yes, exactly what I wanted to achieve too, but it can't be done. A bit silly really - a triple WAN router that can't load balance. :cry:
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

eqcons wrote:
psykix wrote:I've gone back to my Draytek - I need to be able to route specific ports from a particular IP address down either/or WAN, and then the rest of the traffic load balanced. It works fine on the Draytek :-)
Yes, exactly what I wanted to achieve too, but it can't be done. A bit silly really - a triple WAN router that can't load balance. :cry:
Triple WAN feature is for auto-failover/fallback feature
eqcons

Post by eqcons »

billion_fan wrote:
eqcons wrote:
Triple WAN feature is for auto-failover/fallback feature
Yes, I know - it's still plain silly though. (And won't auto failover to the 3G here - it has to be manually turned on)

There's no point that I can see (based on our customers' demands) in having a multi-WAN router that won't load balance - you can see even from this thread that that's what people want (and expect!)
psykix

Post by psykix »

Well apart from the description on Amazon misleading me, I did just presume that a triple WAN router would do load balancing.

It's not really rocket science in this day and age..
ITSNev

Post by ITSNev »

Hi, which DrayTek device are you referring too as I've about lost all patience with my 7800VDOX.

Maybe its time to switch.

Thx
Nev