Bug in 7800DX when setting Regulatory mode

Philip_L

Bug in 7800DX when setting Regulatory mode

Post by Philip_L »

Hi

There is a bug when setting regulatory mode for 5GHz Wireless, if selecting 802.11h the settings can't be saved, Apply does nothing. In the Firefox error console the error is: TypeError: str.charAt is not a function. This makes it impossible to set the regulatory mode to 802.11h.

Regards

Phil
billion_fan

Re: Bug in 7800DX when setting Regulatory mode

Post by billion_fan »

This issue should be resolved in the next firmware, once I have it I will post it
Philip_L

Post by Philip_L »

Hi

Thanks that is great news.

Regards

Phil
Philip_L

Post by Philip_L »

Hi

Just to add another bug or anomaly is the Adaptive Voltage Scaling setting under Power management doesn't appear to actually set this to on. If this is enabled in the web interface and then I telnet into the router and from an 'sh' prompt run pwrctl show, it shows:

Code: Select all

Power Management Configuration
Functional Block          Status
CPU Speed                 0
CPU r4k Wait              ENABLED
DRAM Self-Refresh         ENABLED
Ethernet Auto Power Down  ENABLED
Energy Efficient Ethernet ENABLED
Adaptive Voltage Scaling  DISABLED

Number of ethernet interfaces:
    Powered up:   1
    Powered down: 3
Running pwrctl config --avs on will turn it on, and all seems okay.

Regards

Phil
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Philip_L wrote:Hi

Just to add another bug or anomaly is the Adaptive Voltage Scaling setting under Power management doesn't appear to actually set this to on. If this is enabled in the web interface and then I telnet into the router and from an 'sh' prompt run pwrctl show, it shows:

Code: Select all

Power Management Configuration
Functional Block          Status
CPU Speed                 0
CPU r4k Wait              ENABLED
DRAM Self-Refresh         ENABLED
Ethernet Auto Power Down  ENABLED
Energy Efficient Ethernet ENABLED
Adaptive Voltage Scaling  DISABLED

Number of ethernet interfaces:
    Powered up:   1
    Powered down: 3
Running pwrctl config --avs on will turn it on, and all seems okay.

Regards

Phil

Once I get the a newer firmware I will test this (for the 7800DX), on a newer firmware on the 7800DXL there does not seem to a issue, (so I can only assume this has been resolved on newer firmware)
Philip_L

Post by Philip_L »

Hi

I'm trying the 2.32a firmware and can confirm the regulatory bug is now fixed.

However the Adaptive Voltage Scaling bug is still present.

Regards

Phil
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

I'm trying the 2.32a firmware and can confirm the regulatory bug is now fixed.

However the Adaptive Voltage Scaling bug is still present.

Regards

Phil
I just tested this again on firmware 2.32a with a DXL and have no issue, the Adaptive Voltage Scaling is enabled by default, so I checked via telnet, shows everything as it should, disabled it and then checked again via telnet and it shows as disabled (see attached screen shots of the commands I used) I used IE 9 to make changes to the DXL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Philip_L

Post by Philip_L »

Hi

Definitely not working on my 7800DX. I'm guessing the firmwares are different and the 7800DX has the bug and DXL firmware doesn't.

Edit: Also what seems to happen is when enabled via Telnet, and it shows 'enabled' in pwrctl show, it becomes disabled at some point later even though the Billion has been rebooted or restarted.

Regards

Phil
Philip_L

Post by Philip_L »

Hi

I've just updated to 2.32b as posted by Billion Australia.

On a restart the Adaptive Voltage Scaling was Enabled under telnet, but after a few minutes it went back to Disabled. Toggling the setting in the user interface doesn't make any different to the underlying setting. Was this issue fed back to the developers? Have they been able to replicated it on the DX?

Regards

Phil
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

I've just updated to 2.32b as posted by Billion Australia.

On a restart the Adaptive Voltage Scaling was Enabled under telnet, but after a few minutes it went back to Disabled. Toggling the setting in the user interface doesn't make any different to the underlying setting. Was this issue fed back to the developers? Have they been able to replicated it on the DX?

Regards

Phil

Hi Philip

I still can't replicate your issue. I am using a Bipac 7800DX with firmware 2.32b (UK Firmware).

Attached is my screen shot after 10 minutes up time, the 'Adaptive Voltage Scaling' is still enabled (I also tried to enable and disable via the web gui, and everything was fine)

I have justed checked it again after 18 minutes up time and the 'Adaptive Voltage Scaling' is still 'Enabled'

Are you making any other changes via telnet, that might trigger this issue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.