Problems with my 7800DXL

dbrookdale

Problems with my 7800DXL

Post by dbrookdale »

I have just bought a Billion 7800DXL and have a few problems - any help appreciated.

1 - It seems that I am limited to 16 clients (devices) for an SSID - surely a very low limit when everyone in my household has several wireless devices.
2 - Unless I switch my HP LaserJet CP1525NW off and back on again before printing, the printer cannot be found on the network - it worked perfectly with my pervious router and I never had to do this.
3 - The WPS config seems very flaky - I can enable it but cannot select either STA PIN, nor AP PIN - It just keeps returning the screen with neither selected.
4 - The 5GHz band drops out when I am upstairs in my house - probably only 20ft direct line to the router - the previous router also had 5GHz and did not do this.

Does anyone else experience anything like this?

I have software version 2.31.RC4.3
swatboy79

Re: Problems with my 7800DXL

Post by swatboy79 »

I have had printer connection issues too in another topic. It still is a general compatibility issue i believe.

I must say, since after turning off 5ghz I think things are OK - but i cant be 100% certain yet.
Last edited by swatboy79 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

dbrookdale wrote:I have just bought a Billion 7800DXL and have a few problems - any help appreciated.

1 - It seems that I am limited to 16 clients (devices) for an SSID - surely a very low limit when everyone in my household has several wireless devices.
2 - Unless I switch my HP LaserJet CP1525NW off and back on again before printing, the printer cannot be found on the network - it worked perfectly with my pervious router and I never had to do this.
3 - The WPS config seems very flaky - I can enable it but cannot select either STA PIN, nor AP PIN - It just keeps returning the screen with neither selected.
4 - The 5GHz band drops out when I am upstairs in my house - probably only 20ft direct line to the router - the previous router also had 5GHz and did not do this.

Does anyone else experience anything like this?

I have software version 2.31.RC4.3
1. You can change the max clients by clicking on 'Configuration >> Wireless 2.4g >> Advanced >> Global Max Clients' here you can change the value (max 128 clients)
2. This will need to be tested further, are you using airprint, or just normal network printing (is your printer using wireless or a LAN connection) does the issue occur after your power cycle your pc?? Any further info will help us pin point the issue should help us replicate the issue
3. We will investgiate further
4. Have you tried to disable OBSS Co Existance and also try and chnage the 5g channel
dbrookdale

Post by dbrookdale »

Thanks for the info. I have changed the max clients.

As for the printer, it is now plugged in via a cable and seems to work - but was disconnecting when it was connected wirelessly. I will try it wirelessly again now I have more than 16 clients available to see if it is any better.
dbrookdale

Post by dbrookdale »

More info about the printer.

After a day or two being connected wirelessly it disconnects and then cannot be found by the computers. This never happened with my previous setup so I can only assume has something to do with my new router. Any ideas?
dbrookdale

Post by dbrookdale »

I have tried changing the suggested settings for the 5GHz network but they don't help much.

Should I persevere with this router? - the printer is next to useless when I attempt to use it wirelessly with the 7800DXL and I cannot really use the 5GHz network unless I want to stay within a few feet of the router.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

dbrookdale wrote:I have tried changing the suggested settings for the 5GHz network but they don't help much.

Should I persevere with this router? - the printer is next to useless when I attempt to use it wirelessly with the 7800DXL and I cannot really use the 5GHz network unless I want to stay within a few feet of the router.

Another thing to try is changing the bandwidth on the 2.4g channel to 20mhz.
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

I found turning 5ghz fixed it - its been weeks now and the disconnection has stopped when i turned this off.
dbrookdale

Post by dbrookdale »

Any idea about the printer? - it cannot be used wirelessly with this router - it was perfect with the last router that I had.
Garthark

Post by Garthark »

Hey I have similar issues with the wifi, if my phone or tablet (both running android a nexus s and nexus 7) is connected to the wifi for more than a day then they stop working on the wifi, I can fix this by turning the wifi off and on on the phone/tablet. sounds like the same fault as with the printer (could be wrong though).