7800DXL Keeps Crashing

swatboy79

Re: 7800DXL Keeps Crashing

Post by swatboy79 »

As mentioned in another post i too have had issues with VPN and lock-ups. I have not had the time to investigate further as i do not want remote locks ups when i am not there to fix it.

Ill have to set aside some time this weekend to retest it as per Billion-fans request.

If it does fail ill try turning the power features off...
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

All my power settings turned off and latest firmware etc.

Changing wireless channel caused my unit to lock up.

Would be really good if they could get a watchdog kick in there by the very least to reboot the unit as this is becoming really annoying.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:All my power settings turned off and latest firmware etc.

Changing wireless channel caused my unit to lock up.

Would be really good if they could get a watchdog kick in there by the very least to reboot the unit as this is becoming really annoying.
Which wireless band channel did you change, I need to be able to replicate the issue, so I can report the issue to our engineers
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

Went from 6 to 13. clicked apply. my vnc connection froze (to the pc that had the webpage connection to the 7800DXL) for a bit. went back in then clicked apply again. then after 5 seconds it went down and vnc froze. I cannot contact the unit at all on any ports. It is just locked up.

There is some bug activity around the wifi code, as before the old firmware it was very volatile, a bit better now though but still risky changing wifi settings...

If we could just have some form of watchdog in the code as a last resort (not a fix but as a fallback) to reboot the unit if this freeze happens (must be detectable in the code somewhere?)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:Went from 6 to 13. clicked apply. my vnc connection froze (to the pc that had the webpage connection to the 7800DXL) for a bit. went back in then clicked apply again. then after 5 seconds it went down and vnc froze. I cannot contact the unit at all on any ports. It is just locked up.

There is some bug activity around the wifi code, as before the old firmware it was very volatile, a bit better now though but still risky changing wifi settings...

If we could just have some form of watchdog in the code as a last resort (not a fix but as a fallback) to reboot the unit if this freeze happens (must be detectable in the code somewhere?)
So were you connecting to the device via a comp that was connected to the internal network, and you were accessing this comp via a external connection using VNC??

Is this correct??

Or was both connections via the internal network?? eg Iphone (internal network) >> Comp running VNC (internal network) >> 7800VDOX??
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Another thing I forgot to mention, was the wireless changes made using a comp that was using the wireless connection?? eg 2.4g or 5g wireless network?
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

nope all PC's are Ethernet wired.
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

billion_fan wrote:
swatboy79 wrote:Went from 6 to 13. clicked apply. my vnc connection froze (to the pc that had the webpage connection to the 7800DXL) for a bit. went back in then clicked apply again. then after 5 seconds it went down and vnc froze. I cannot contact the unit at all on any ports. It is just locked up.

So were you connecting to the device via a comp that was connected to the internal network, and you were accessing this comp via a external connection using VNC??

Is this correct??

Or was both connections via the internal network?? eg Iphone (internal network) >> Comp running VNC (internal network) >> 7800VDOX??

All Wired PC's. I was not using any path that was on wifi.

it was WORK PC (VNC Client) -> internet -> Router -> HOME PC (VNC server) -> Web page access to Router.

I then set wifi channel. VNC Dropped out, quickly reconnected, went back to advanced because i got a "Invalid Session Key, please try again" then clicked apply again and then 5 seconds later all access shut down.

I have seen this happen before even if i just had HOME PC -> Web page access to Router.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

We are looking into the issue

Stay tunned.
midnightlightning

Post by midnightlightning »

HI,

I've been running my 7800DXL (firmware 2.24b) as discussed on page 1 of this thread with all power management disabled and am still losing connection to it every few days.

I've not been able to see a pattern I just find no access to the internet and when I try and connect to the DXL I can't. I tried to ping it tonight from the main PC with Ethernet connection and it came back with a failed message although it also said 1 of 4 pings was received, the other 3 failed.

Each time it locks up I have green lights across the display and I've not seen any dropped connections.

I have included some stats below (these are from 2hr 20mins running since the last lockout).

Could it be a faulty unit - any help greatly appreciated?

Thanks Jon

Status

xDSL

xDSL
Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Traffic Type ATM
Status Up
Link Power State L0

Downstream Upstream
Line Coding (Trellis) On On
SNR Margin (dB) 5.4 21.0
Attenuation (dB) 24.5 11.0