Devices taking too long to reconnect to router

zarf2007

Re: Devices taking too long to reconnect to router

Post by zarf2007 »

billion_fan wrote:You mentioned that it can take some time to respond to a ping, does the pings time out, before responding??

How long does it take to respond to a ping from the router (192.168.1.254)??

Does the issue only occur if you devices are left in sleep mode, for example if they are shut down and restarted does the issue occur?? Or if you disabled your network conenction and re-enable it does the issue occur??
After the pc comes out of sleep mode It takes 30 pings before it responds, they all timeout until then.

I tried powering off the pc and on again and it seems better (5 pings) before it replies and I can browse successfully, this seems more normal.

This is the case for all devices (Imac, laptop etc), and when I substitute the billion for a netgear wndr3700 the reconnection from sleeping is practically instant.....4-5 seconds or so..
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

zarf2007 wrote:
billion_fan wrote:You mentioned that it can take some time to respond to a ping, does the pings time out, before responding??

Does the issue only occur if you devices are left in sleep mode, for example if they are shut down and restarted does the issue occur?? Or if you disabled your network conenction and re-enable it does the issue occur??
After the pc comes out of sleep mode It takes 30 pings before it responds, they all timeout until then.

I tried powering off the pc and on again and it seems better (5 pings) before it replies and I can browse successfully, this seems more normal.

This is the case for all devices (Imac, laptop etc), and when I substitute the billion for a netgear wndr3700 the reconnection from sleeping is practically instant.....4-5 seconds or so..

What version of windows is your laptop using, I would like to try and replicate your issue here.
zarf2007

Post by zarf2007 »

billion_fan wrote:
zarf2007 wrote:

What version of windows is your laptop using, I would like to try and replicate your issue here.
Its running OSX 10.8.4...as is my iMac
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

unfortunately, I don't have a iMac to replicate your issue, I do have a iPad, I assume the issue occurs on the iPad as well?? do you just press the power switch to put the device into standby mode and then press the power switch again to wake up the device at which time you cannot browse until you refresh safari web page a couple of times??
zarf2007

Post by zarf2007 »

billion_fan wrote:unfortunately, I don't have a iMac to replicate your issue, I do have a iPad, I assume the issue occurs on the iPad as well?? do you just press the power switch to put the device into standby mode and then press the power switch again to wake up the device at which time you cannot browse until you refresh safari web page a couple of times??
with the iPad, when I close the cover on it and it goes into power saving mode, when I open it again thats when the timeout occurs and web browsing fails for a few tries...

I do have a windows xp laptop that I can also test with...will give it a go tonight..
zarf2007

Post by zarf2007 »

zarf2007 wrote:
billion_fan wrote:unfortunately, I don't have a iMac to replicate your issue, I do have a iPad, I assume the issue occurs on the iPad as well?? do you just press the power switch to put the device into standby mode and then press the power switch again to wake up the device at which time you cannot browse until you refresh safari web page a couple of times??
with the iPad, when I close the cover on it and it goes into power saving mode, when I open it again thats when the timeout occurs and web browsing fails for a few tries...

I do have a windows xp laptop that I can also test with...will give it a go tonight..
ok have tried a windows xp laptop and windows 7 laptop and both work without problems. This issue currently affects my macbook pro 2013. macbook air 2012, iMac 2012, Ipad 3 and Iphone 5

so looks like it is OSX/apple specific.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

zarf2007 wrote:
zarf2007 wrote:

ok have tried a windows xp laptop and windows 7 laptop and both work without problems. This issue currently affects my macbook pro 2013. macbook air 2012, iMac 2012, Ipad 3 and Iphone 5

so looks like it is OSX/apple specific.
Let me see if I can get my hands on a iPad3 or iPhone 5 so I can run some tests, (I have iPad one :cry: )
zarf2007

Post by zarf2007 »

Let me see if I can get my hands on a iPad3 or iPhone 5 so I can run some tests, (I have iPad one :cry: )

I think it would be more relevant to test with a macbook pro/air as it seems to be worse with those than the iPad. I raised a support case but over a week and no progress so it looks like Billion doesnt value apple users.....looks like I will dump the router and try an alternative.....shame as its one of the few that works with BT IPTV channels....
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

zarf2007 wrote:

I think it would be more relevant to test with a macbook pro/air as it seems to be worse with those than the iPad. I raised a support case but over a week and no progress so it looks like Billion doesnt value apple users.....looks like I will dump the router and try an alternative.....shame as its one of the few that works with BT IPTV channels....
We already replied to your ticket.

Does any other forum users have the same issues with macbook pro/air, iPhone 5, and iPad??