iphone problems?

Discussions for BiPAC 7700 series: 7700N
jamthesun

iphone problems?

Post by jamthesun »

I'm trying to rule out potential causes of my iphone problem.

I bought a 7700N a few weeks ago to replace an old but reliable netgear 834G v3. Set up was reasonably straight forward. The next day I synched my iphone and updated firmware. That night I noticed the iphone acting strangely. Apps were very slow. The app store and email particularly (i.e. apps that needed an internet connection). Also the phone got very hot and the battery ran down incredibly quickly.

I suspect an apple software problem but wanted to rule out the router. I noticed on an Australian forum some people having iphone connection problems with some versions of Billion firmware.

Anyone had any issues with the 7700N and iphones?
billion_fan

Re: iphone problems?

Post by billion_fan »

hi

Try and change the bandwidth to 20mhz.

I attached a screen capture of the change for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
!TIMMY!

Post by !TIMMY! »

I just set up my 7700n last night and the wireless kept dropping when using my iPhone (the internet connection was fine as I am wired on my PC). What is the difference with 40mhz and 20mhz bandwidth? Does 40mhz give you more throughput?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

20mhz equallys 150mbps (Wireless connection speed) and improves compatibilty with other devices.

40mhz is the full 300mbps, but you need devices that support full 300mbps and not 150mbps to take full advantage.