anyone hear got a mac like me?

gregory

anyone hear got a mac like me?

Post by gregory »

i have just purchased a 7800dxl from amazon.
i am going to connect it to my iMac.
there is no mention of macs at all from your windoze cd, or on the uk site
i know that the setup appears on logging the router in ( thanks Support)
but no advised setup.
any comments appreciated

but WHY don't billion understand that about 25% (or more) of their market have MACS?
greg
JonathanN

Re: anyone hear got a mac like me?

Post by JonathanN »

Hi there,

I totally agree it's time vendors starting updating the documentation to reflect the large Apple community out there.

I use the Billion with a house full of MacBooks, iPads , iPhones, AppleTVs and a Mac Mini media centre. I've needed to make no specific changes on setup for the Mac, plus the web administration and even firmware update works fine in this environment.

I've also used my 7800DXL in mixed mode (when my wife has to use a Windows PC for work) with Macs and PCs with no problems. I do, however, prefer not to have PCs in the house if I can avoid it :D ;)

My only advice is to perform firmware updates using Chrome on the Mac, as the status bar on the Billion admin tools seems to act oddly under Safari and you can't see when the process is finished.

For setup, after getting up and running on ADSL (by just plugging in your ISP details in the web interface) I've not made any other changes other than naming the WiFi networks, setting up WiFi security etc.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Jonathan
gregory

Post by gregory »

thanks jonathan,appreciate your offer and may even take you up later.
today i am going ahead and changing over from my reliable and long-term net gear.
wish me luck
greg
JonathanN

Post by JonathanN »

Good luck!

I'm sure you will be pleased with the Billion.

Cheers,
Jonathan