Wifi not working properly

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
Adam91

Wifi not working properly

Post by Adam91 »

Hello. I purchased this router today and I have huge issues with Wifi.

I've only tested 5Ghz so far - default settings, but on all my android devices the Wifi just randomly stops working. I can connect to some websites, then suddenly I cannot at all. I can fix this by either attempting to keep refreshing over and over until it works, or turning the wifi off-on(on mobile). After a few hours, the Wifi doesnt work at all - it shows as connected, but I cannot connect to any website at all(fix is to turn wifi off/on on mobile).

(none of these issues occur on wired devices, only wireless)

Software Version 2.52.d15
Wireless Driver Version 7.35.260.80018

Any ideas please?
Adam91

Re: Wifi not working properly

Post by Adam91 »

Update: Tested 2.4ghz wifi, works perfectly, 0 issues. So this issue is only regarding the 5ghz wifi :(
Adam91

Post by Adam91 »

Update. I believe I have found the issue - it makes 0 sense, and I don't know how to fix it.

The issue is QoS. I have three simple rules - image below:

So very basic rules. The first one is my main PC gets highest priority, and everything else is limited to 70%. Now no other device has any issues if those rules are turned on, whether they are wired or wifi 2.4ghz, they all work perfectly. The issue only occurs with 5ghz wifi, it just freezes on every device I use, randomly freezes on websites, so you have to spam refresh, and after few hours nothing works even though says you are connected. I was very skeptical if QoS was the issue but I turned it off, and I kept trying on multiple devices for about an hour going random websites, everything is perfectly fine, I turn QoS back on, and the issue is back. Turn it off, issue gone, and so on...

So QoS is the issue here sadly. Any ideas? I need these rules.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Adam91 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 pm Update. I believe I have found the issue - it makes 0 sense, and I don't know how to fix it.

So very basic rules. The first one is my main PC gets highest priority, and everything else is limited to 70%. Now no other device has any issues if those rules are turned on, whether they are wired or wifi 2.4ghz, they all work perfectly. The issue only occurs with 5ghz wifi, it just freezes on every device I use, randomly freezes on websites, so you have to spam refresh, and after few hours nothing works even though says you are connected. I was very skeptical if QoS was the issue but I turned it off, and I kept trying on multiple devices for about an hour going random websites, everything is perfectly fine, I turn QoS back on, and the issue is back. Turn it off, issue gone, and so on...

Let me check with our engineers and get back to you,
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:26 am
Adam91 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 pm Update. I believe I have found the issue - it makes 0 sense, and I don't know how to fix it.

Let me check with our engineers and get back to you,

From looking at the screen shot the last two rules are set to 'Disabled', is the correct setup used to replicate the issue??

As I got reply from our engineers stating they can't replicate the issue, (but they have all three rules enabled screen shot example attached)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adam91

Post by Adam91 »

They need to be enabled to replicate the issue. When Disabled the issue goes away. I mean if you guys can't replicate it then I'm not sure. Ive tested this many, many times, and this is 100% causing the issue for me with the 5ghz wifi. For now I just ended up ditching 5ghz wifi and sticking to the 2.4ghz one since that works. It's not ideal but I don't know how to fix this.
bake73

Post by bake73 »

Just purchased a 8800axl r2 and ive got the same issue on the 5ghz channel when qos is enabled.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

bake73 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:21 pm Just purchased a 8800axl r2 and ive got the same issue on the 5ghz channel when qos is enabled.
Email a copy of your config with your admin password set to 'admin' to support@billion.uk.com and I will get my engineers to investigate again. (engineers have tested this, I have tested it, and couldn't replicate it)

Also let me know how long it takes for the issue to occur.
bake73

Post by bake73 »

Happens straight away, i noticed it on my tv as it wouldnt connect to netflix and amazon.
I'll set it back up and email you soon.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

bake73 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:34 pm Happens straight away, i noticed it on my tv as it wouldnt connect to netflix and amazon.
I'll set it back up and email you soon.
That's great, lets hope we can replicate the issue :D