BiPAC 7800DXL with Vodafone Fibre

Comedy79

BiPAC 7800DXL with Vodafone Fibre

Post by Comedy79 »

Hi all,

I am currently with Sky for my fibre broadband, but am tempted to move to the cheaper Vodafone option, which is twice as fast as my current offering from Sky. Cheaper and faster, too good to be true right, which is why I haven't said yes yet!

I've searched Vodafone's forums and they suggest you can now use third party routers, but they must be on the approved OpenReach list, here - https://uno.help/knowledge-base/article ... dsl-modems

I'm however assuming that since I have used the 7800DXL with an OpenReach modem for the last 4 years, it won't matter that the DXL is not on the "approved" list above?

Any confirmation that I can use the DXL with the 80/20 package Vodafone are offering would be gratefully received!

EDIT - This thread would suggest it is possible to do this, but instead of my OpenReach modem I use their Superhub as the modem?? http://forum.billion.uk.com/viewtopic.p ... 88c5d10797

Thanks in advance

David
Last edited by Comedy79 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billion_fan

Re: BiPAC 7800DXL with Virgin Fibre

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:06 pm Hi all,

I am currently with Sky for my fibre broadband, but am tempted to move to the cheaper Vodafone option, which is twice as fast as my current offering from Sky. Cheaper and faster, too good to be true right, which is why I haven't said yes yet!

I've searched Vodafone's forums and they suggest you can now use third party routers, but they must be on the approved OpenReach list, here - https://uno.help/knowledge-base/article ... dsl-modems

I'm however assuming that since I have used the 7800DXL with an OpenReach modem for the last 4 years, it won't matter that the DXL is not on the "approved" list above?

Any confirmation that I can use the DXL with the 80/20 package Vodafone are offering would be gratefully received!

EDIT - This thread would suggest it is possible to do this, but instead of my OpenReach modem I use their Superhub as the modem?? http://forum.billion.uk.com/viewtopic.p ... 88c5d10797

Thanks in advance

David
You should be able to use the open reach and 7800DXL combo, that you are currently using. (just adjust the broadband username and password for your Ethernet connection)

Your thread title is confusing as you mention Virgin Fibre,
Comedy79

Re: BiPAC 7800DXL with Vodafone Fibre

Post by Comedy79 »

billion_fan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:28 am
You should be able to use the open reach and 7800DXL combo, that you are currently using. (just adjust the broadband username and password for your Ethernet connection)

Apologies, corrected, not sure what was going on there..

Thanks for clarification, I shall push go on a new deal then. £25 a month seems a good deal for 80/20 which test results show I will get...

I was just apprehensive about having to use their kit!

As an aside, can I use the DXL in Holland at all? Obviously with a mains plug adapter to correct power differences, i'm moving in a year or so...

Thanks
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 pm
billion_fan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks for clarification, I shall push go on a new deal then. £25 a month seems a good deal for 80/20 which test results show I will get...

As an aside, can I use the DXL in Holland at all? Obviously with a mains plug adapter to correct power differences, i'm moving in a year or so...

Thanks
If you have your ISP credentials (VPI/VCI, PPPoE/PPPoA VC-MUX/LLC etc) the 7800DXL should work (I can only confirm that the device will work within the UK)
JonWalter

Post by JonWalter »

Hi all!

I have a Billion BiPAC 7800DXL Triple WAN Dual Band Would this be compatible with Vodafone Broadband? I also have an openreach modem that was previously connected to BT Internet, would I still be able to use this along with the router, or would i need a new modem.
https://onplanners.com/notebooks
Many thanks for your help
Last edited by JonWalter on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

JonWalter wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:34 am Hi all!

I have a Billion BiPAC 7800DXL Triple WAN Dual Band Wireless router. Would this be compatible with Vodafone Broadband? I also have an openreach modem that was previously connected to BT Internet, would I still be able to use this along with the router, or would i need a new modem.

The 7800DXL does not have a VDSL modem built in,

If you are signing up to the VDSL package you will need to use your open reach modem, in conjunction with the 7800DXL, plug the open reach modem to the 7800DXL EWAN port, and configure the 7800DXL for a EWAN >>> PPPoE connection.
Jindany8Bread

Post by Jindany8Bread »

JonWalter wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:34 am Hi all!

I have a Billion BiPAC 7800DXL Triple WAN Dual Band Would this be compatible with Vodafone Broadband? I also have an openreach that was previously connected to BT Internet, would I still be able to use this along with the router, or would i need a new modem.

Can I use the DXL in Holland at all?
Comedy79

Post by Comedy79 »

Jindany8Bread wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:46 am Can I use the DXL in Holland at all?
billion_fan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:16 am
Comedy79 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 pm

Thanks
If you have your ISP credentials (VPI/VCI, PPPoE/PPPoA VC-MUX/LLC etc) the 7800DXL should work (I can only confirm that the device will work within the UK)
Billion_fan's previous reply to this question can't confirm, but if you can wait until December I will be moving there and can test functionality for you!