8900AX R2 IP Static lease list issue

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
Marriott

8900AX R2 IP Static lease list issue

Post by Marriott »

I seem to have hit some strange sort of limit? For adding manually specified IP/Mac address devices? Or do i have a setting somewhere to allow this?

I have about 64 devices added i think. but now the Add button has vanished and it only says Remove.

I just deleted a device and the Add button returned. Any way to unlock more? I have more devices to add...?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Re: 8900AX R2 IP Static lease list issue

Post by billion_fan »

Marriott wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 am I seem to have hit some strange sort of limit? For adding manually specified IP/Mac address devices? Or do i have a setting somewhere to allow this?

I have about 64 devices added i think. but now the Add button has vanished and it only says Remove.

I just deleted a device and the Add button returned. Any way to unlock more? I have more devices to add...?
I'll check with our engineers and get back to you. :D
Marriott

Post by Marriott »

Amazing! I was trying to work out how to tag you, or message you in case you didn't see things frequently. I remember you helped a number of years ago with firmware we needed. Thanks for checking this it would be really useful if this limit could be removed. So many devices!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Marriott wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:28 am Amazing! I was trying to work out how to tag you, or message you in case you didn't see things frequently. I remember you helped a number of years ago with firmware we needed. Thanks for checking this it would be really useful if this limit could be removed. So many devices!
Attached is a link to the fw version 2.52.d8 the firmware supports upto 128 static IP leases.

http://gofile.me/3XbRY/76QHi1d2F
Marriott

Post by Marriott »

Amazing thankyou very much. Has this firmware just been modified then to allow more?

Any other changes in it from the one I am running? My last firmware file you sent over a few years ago was this - 2.50a.d21

With the new one being Zcomax8900AX-R2_2.52.d8

I can't remember as it was a while ago since I changed firmware, will it wipe all my settings? Do i need to back anything up as i have lots of customisations added?

Thankyou so much.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Marriott wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:10 pm Amazing thankyou very much. Has this firmware just been modified then to allow more?

Any other changes in it from the one I am running? My last firmware file you sent over a few years ago was this - 2.50a.d21

With the new one being Zcomax8900AX-R2_2.52.d8

I can't remember as it was a while ago since I changed firmware, will it wipe all my settings? Do i need to back anything up as i have lots of customisations added?

Thankyou so much.
Yes the firmware has been modified to allow more static lease entries

Lots of changes between your firmware and the one provided, as you still on the older code base 2.50

When moving from the older code base 2.50 to the newer 2.52 you have to upgrade with factory default settings and and reconfigure your device again from scratch (as its a upgraded base code)