SKY connection throttling speed overnight to 8900?

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
stevebez

SKY connection throttling speed overnight to 8900?

Post by stevebez »

Had this issue where sky throttles my internet speed overnight on the 8900

Any one else had this issue - have got less than 1Mb dl speed when Sky broadband check finds no issues and suggests a 75Mb service.

Ethernet connection.

I was able to remote to this local network yesterday in almost real time with perfect throughput.

Next day its stuffed.

???

Pulling my hair out now.
billion_fan

Re: SKY connection throttling speed overnight to 8900?

Post by billion_fan »

Try plugging the sky router back up for a test and check it over 2 -3 days ,( 1 day won't be enough)
stevebez

Post by stevebez »

Did just that and while it improved initially its already poor after a couple of hours.

I believe I don't need the input the SkyID anymore to connect as we did previously - is that the case?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

stevebez wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:37 am Did just that and while it improved initially its already poor after a couple of hours.

I believe I don't need the input the SkyID anymore to connect as we did previously - is that the case?
In the sky router no,

In the billion yes, sky users now report they don't need to extract your username and password from the sky router you can use abcdefgh@skydsl|1234567890abcdef for the option 61 section with in the Billion.

Regarding the poor speeds I would leave the sky equipment connected and report the issue to Sky via phone (they will run remote tests on their equipment to help pin point the issue), probably a external issue eg line or DSLAM
stevebez

Post by stevebez »

Many thanks will do
stevebez

Post by stevebez »

OK looks like sky doesnt like the generic username/pw - and perhaps the config I had (seems a very old sky username and pw in my config file - as I have changed sky products a number of times over the years may be using a stale / old account (if that matters who knows!)

But I think this config file of mine is corrupt somehow and will need to rebuild the setup from scratch - not that its that big a deal but when you doing it remotely from overseas its a bit fo a challenge!!

My other thread re the 2.4gh not connecting to iphone remains a curiosity - relocated unit and restarted etc - seems were briefly able to connect ot the device on 2.4g but soon after non bueno.... and continued as such since again.

Ill revert to the sky box for now and leave as such for a few days and also try and extract the username .pw (just in case).
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

stevebez wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:38 pm OK looks like sky doesnt like the generic username/pw - and perhaps the config I had (seems a very old sky username and pw in my config file - as I have changed sky products a number of times over the years may be using a stale / old account (if that matters who knows!)

But I think this config file of mine is corrupt somehow and will need to rebuild the setup from scratch - not that its that big a deal but when you doing it remotely from overseas its a bit fo a challenge!!

My other thread re the 2.4gh not connecting to iphone remains a curiosity - relocated unit and restarted etc - seems were briefly able to connect ot the device on 2.4g but soon after non bueno.... and continued as such since again.

Ill revert to the sky box for now and leave as such for a few days and also try and extract the username .pw (just in case).
I would agree, re doing the config will hopefully restore your 2.4ghz connectivity aswell, as two different devices can't have the same issue. (I would suggest when you do rebuild your config, leave the 2.4ghz settings as default including mac filters etc, and just change the password to something different and test it out)
stevebez

Post by stevebez »

Sniffing Sky credentials were indeed different to those I had in my 8900's - so will restore to factory, and rerun the config setup with correct un & pw!