8800nl bridge mode

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
wejedge

8800nl bridge mode

Post by wejedge »

Hi, I have BT Infinty2 and everying working ok in normal mode (VSDL, PPPoE).
I'm trying to use in bridge mode together with Asus-dsl68u. The 68u is terrible with CRC errors and I'm now interleaved (temporary I hope), but wifi is great (2.4 & 5).
I've updated to latest firmware on both routers, reset 8800nl to factory settings and ran setup, selected VDSL and then bridge mode all ok, DSL light on Internet light off. I have then connected lan cable from 8800nl to 68u, I've tried lan ports 1 & 4 (ewan?). On the 68u I change wan to Ethernet PPPoE, select the correct lan port (in my case 1) and put in login, auto wan ip and auto DNS. Does not work! The 8800nl setup is easy enough not much to get wrong, but in bridge mode which lan port do I use? Or can I select, if so how?
At the moment I've got the 8800nl in normal mode, giving ip to 68u but the modem is stuck between isp wan and 68u this causing problems with dyndns etc. please if anyone can help...

Regards
wejedge
billion_fan

Re: 8800nl bridge mode

Post by billion_fan »

wejedge wrote:Hi, I have BT Infinty2 and everying working ok in normal mode (VSDL, PPPoE).
I'm trying to use in bridge mode together with Asus-dsl68u. The 68u is terrible with CRC errors and I'm now interleaved (temporary I hope), but wifi is great (2.4 & 5).
I've updated to latest firmware on both routers, reset 8800nl to factory settings and ran setup, selected VDSL and then bridge mode all ok, DSL light on Internet light off. I have then connected lan cable from 8800nl to 68u, I've tried lan ports 1 & 4 (ewan?). On the 68u I change wan to Ethernet PPPoE, select the correct lan port (in my case 1) and put in login, auto wan ip and auto DNS. Does not work! The 8800nl setup is easy enough not much to get wrong, but in bridge mode which lan port do I use? Or can I select, if so how?
At the moment I've got the 8800nl in normal mode, giving ip to 68u but the modem is stuck between isp wan and 68u this causing problems with dyndns etc. please if anyone can help...

Regards
wejedge
On the Bipac 8800NL for your bridge interface did you select the following

1. PTM >> Bridging
2. '802.1P Priority' to '0' and the ' 802.1Q VLAN ID' to '101'

Atatched screen shot example
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wejedge

Post by wejedge »

Hi thanks billion_fan.
Another guy from the forums has given the same advice and this fixes the problem.
Bridge mode now working.
Due to my tinkering the DLM has kicked in and moved me from fast path to interleaved, dl from 77000 to 50000.
I'm hoping that if I leave well alone it will eventually return without me needing to do anything?
Do you have any experience?

Thanks again,
wejedge.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

wejedge wrote:Hi thanks billion_fan.
Another guy from the forums has given the same advice and this fixes the problem.
Bridge mode now working.
Due to my tinkering the DLM has kicked in and moved me from fast path to interleaved, dl from 77000 to 50000.
I'm hoping that if I leave well alone it will eventually return without me needing to do anything?
Do you have any experience?

Thanks again,
wejedge.
From other customers experiences hopefully your line should be restored without intervention in around 3-4 days. (as long as you don't turn off/disconnect the internet from the device)
wejedge

Post by wejedge »

Keeping them crossed. I'll post back in a week...