Extend session timeout?

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
nightcustard

Extend session timeout?

Post by nightcustard »

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to extend (or disable) the web GUI session timeout period? I keep getting logged out from the web interface (it's worse than my banking software ;-))

I'm running firmware 2.52.d41

Thanks - Mike
billion_fan

Re: Extend session timeout?

Post by billion_fan »

nightcustard wrote: ↑Mon May 04, 2020 9:28 pm Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to extend (or disable) the web GUI session timeout period? I keep getting logged out from the web interface (it's worse than my banking software ;-))

Thanks - Mike
I'll check with our engineers and get back you.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote: ↑Tue May 05, 2020 9:21 am
nightcustard wrote: ↑Mon May 04, 2020 9:28 pm Hi

Thanks - Mike
I'll check with our engineers and get back you.
After checking with our engineers they have stated the session time out period can not be adjusted.

It is currently set to 600 seconds
nightcustard

Post by nightcustard »

Many thanks, billion_fan!
There are many occasions when 600 seconds can seem like a long time but this is not one of them πŸ˜‰ - I find it very frustrating to be required to re-enter my login details multiple times in a session and to add just a little more irritation, after re-logging in you've got to remove the logout suffix at the end of the address and refresh the page before you can get back to the landing page 🀬
Would you please pass back the suggestion to add a menu option to allow the user to change the timeout or turn off this feature?
Cheers, Mike
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nightcustard wrote: ↑Wed May 06, 2020 7:12 am Many thanks, billion_fan!
There are many occasions when 600 seconds can seem like a long time but this is not one of them πŸ˜‰ - I find it very frustrating to be required to re-enter my login details multiple times in a session and to add just a little more irritation, after re-logging in you've got to remove the logout suffix at the end of the address and refresh the page before you can get back to the landing page 🀬
Would you please pass back the suggestion to add a menu option to allow the user to change the timeout or turn off this feature?
Cheers, Mike
I'll will pass on your comments
nightcustard

Post by nightcustard »

Many thanks 😁