BiPAC 8900X R3 port forwards not working

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
deanwbit

BiPAC 8900X R3 port forwards not working

Post by deanwbit »

We have a windows 2012 server that previously we would connect through a cisco router with port 1723 forwarded.

Windows clients using built in windows vpn software would access this server remotely via the IP address.

We swapped internet providers and as part of the Australian NBN now have a VDSL router the Billion 9800X R3.

No matter what I do with virtual servers nothing gets through.

I have to put the server into the DMZ which creates its own problems.

Anyone else seen this?
billion_fan

Re: BiPAC 8900X R3 port forwards not working

Post by billion_fan »

deanwbit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:42 am We have a windows 2012 server that previously we would connect through a cisco router with port 1723 forwarded.

Windows clients using built in windows vpn software would access this server remotely via the IP address.

We swapped internet providers and as part of the Australian NBN now have a VDSL router the Billion 9800X R3.

No matter what I do with virtual servers nothing gets through.

I have to put the server into the DMZ which creates its own problems.

Anyone else seen this?
We don't normally support the AU market as firmware's can vary depending on regions.

I assume the correct WAN interface is not selected when setting up virtual server rules, attached is screen shot example you can follow. (remember selecting the correct WAN that you are using needs to set, you can find your current WAN interface by clicking on 'Status >> WAN' and look for the WAN interface that has a IPv4 address, then select that WAN interface when setting up virtual server rules)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.