Issue with multiple OpenVPN Clients

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
stuart0870

Issue with multiple OpenVPN Clients

Post by stuart0870 »

I have just configured the router to have an OpenVPN connection via NordVPN which is working fine, but sometimes the individual server connection fails, or I want a connection from a different country, so I need to create another, the router supports 8 CAs but unfortunately when I try to add a second client to one of their other servers the router blocks it due to the username being a duplicate.

Obviously having an email address as the username, there will be duplicates, Billion_Fan, can you please ask your devs to remove this restriction, so I can pick and choose which VPN server I want as necessary.
billion_fan

Re: Issue with multiple OpenVPN Clients

Post by billion_fan »

stuart0870 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:22 pm I have just configured the router to have an OpenVPN connection via NordVPN which is working fine, but sometimes the individual server connection fails, or I want a connection from a different country, so I need to create another, the router supports 8 CAs but unfortunately when I try to add a second client to one of their other servers the router blocks it due to the username being a duplicate.

Obviously having an email address as the username, there will be duplicates, Billion_Fan, can you please ask your devs to remove this restriction, so I can pick and choose which VPN server I want as necessary.
All check with my engineers
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Attached is a link to a newer firmware that removes the client name duplicate restriction.

http://gofile.me/3XbRY/IOmMLAE4g

Try it and let me know

Release notes

1. “Remove OpenVPN Client name duplicate restriction”.
stuart0870

Post by stuart0870 »

Yep, that sorted it, thank you.