Netatmo Presence Camera won't setup if using 8900AX-2400

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
stuart0870

Netatmo Presence Camera won't setup if using 8900AX-2400

Post by stuart0870 »

I have recently replaced my BT Smart Hub with an 8900AX-2400 and ever since, I've had connection drop-outs from my Netatmo Presence camera about 30-40 times a day, when I had none previously with the BT router.

I factory reset the camera, and tried to re-set it up, it pairs with the wifi no problem, and obtains the assigned IP address, but during it's configuration stage, it fails at the same point every time, with the following error "Checking Netatmo camera connection", it just will not progress past this stage, it just reports "Unable to establish secure connection. This might be due to a sepcial router configuration. If the problem persists contact the Netatmo support. You can retry an automatic configuration or manually setup a static configuration".

For reference WIFI is provided by my Linksys Velop mesh access points (in bridge mode), not the router, so it's not that, and if I connect the BT router back in, it gets past that stage no problem, so it's definitely something to do with this router, it was originally on firmware 2.52.d27 but I've now updated to 2.52.d36 and it's no different.

As far as I can tell, neither the Netatmo nor the 8900 have any accessible logs that will help diagnose the issue, but I was hoping someone else out there had one of these camera's and had gotten it working.
billion_fan

Re: Netatmo Presence Camera won't setup if using 8900AX-2400

Post by billion_fan »

stuart0870 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:53 pm I have recently replaced my BT Smart Hub with an 8900AX-2400 and ever since, I've had connection drop-outs from my Netatmo Presence camera about 30-40 times a day, when I had none previously with the BT router.

I factory reset the camera, and tried to re-set it up, it pairs with the wifi no problem, and obtains the assigned IP address, but during it's configuration stage, it fails at the same point every time, with the following error "Checking Netatmo camera connection", it just will not progress past this stage, it just reports "Unable to establish secure connection. This might be due to a sepcial router configuration. If the problem persists contact the Netatmo support. You can retry an automatic configuration or manually setup a static configuration".

For reference WIFI is provided by my Linksys Velop mesh access points (in bridge mode), not the router, so it's not that, and if I connect the BT router back in, it gets past that stage no problem, so it's definitely something to do with this router, it was originally on firmware 2.52.d27 but I've now updated to 2.52.d36 and it's no different.

As far as I can tell, neither the Netatmo nor the 8900 have any accessible logs that will help diagnose the issue, but I was hoping someone else out there had one of these camera's and had gotten it working.
Not sure on this one, but try disabling NAT >> ALG >> IPsec also if you are using different DNS servers, try setting the DNS servers to 'Select DNS Server Interface from available WAN interfaces' found under 'Advanced Setup >>> DNS >> DNS'
stuart0870

Re: Netatmo Presence Camera won't setup if using 8900AX-2400

Post by stuart0870 »

Thanks, I hadn't seen this reply before today, I will update when I get home tonight to test.