Connection time resets

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
swatboy79

Connection time resets

Post by swatboy79 »

I found with the new build released last week, VDSL doesn't drop (well at least not 3 days in now) as it used to which is good.

I have found however that my connection time get reset, i am now 3 days in and I log snr and sync speeds continuously, while there was no connection drop as there is absolutely no change in stats at all,
the time got reset one day ago and now says something like 1 day currently and counting.

It was doing this in the previous build too even when it didn't actually do a VDSL drop.
billion_fan

Re: Connection time resets

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:I found with the new build released last week, VDSL doesn't drop (well at least not 3 days in now) as it used to which is good.

I have found however that my connection time get reset, i am now 3 days in and I log snr and sync speeds continuously, while there was no connection drop as there is absolutely no change in stats at all,
the time got reset one day ago and now says something like 1 day currently and counting.

It was doing this in the previous build too even when it didn't actually do a VDSL drop.
It could be to do with the ISP dropping the PPP session
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

True, but why would they do that?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:True, but why would they do that?
Not sure why, maybe have a look at the following thread

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/ ... .html?vc=1