Netflix Issues

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
Grimers

Netflix Issues

Post by Grimers »

Hi all,

We have recently bought a new TV which is primarily used for Netflix. However, there is a problem. Whenever Netflix is used, the rest of the network becomes saturated meaning that latency spikes become frequent and bandwidth reduces. I have tried going into the QoS settings on my Billion 8800NL, but I can't seem to cap the bandwidth for Netflix or even the TV as a whole.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will
William Grimsley.
billion_fan

Re: Netflix Issues

Post by billion_fan »

Grimers wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:46 pm Hi all,

We have recently bought a new TV which is primarily used for Netflix. However, there is a problem. Whenever Netflix is used, the rest of the network becomes saturated meaning that latency spikes become frequent and bandwidth reduces. I have tried going into the QoS settings on my Billion 8800NL, but I can't seem to cap the bandwidth for Netflix or even the TV as a whole.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will
Try following the attached screen shot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JackRyan

Post by JackRyan »

Netflix videos don't play moderate quality of videos, the stream is mostly of same high quality throughout. It may buffer but it won't degrade the quality. If your netflix stream is not buffering that means, it taking most of the bandwidth connection during the stream. Try keeping video quality settings to moderate or download and watch instead of streaming. Also this unblur course hero guide might be useful to you if you want to get course hero account.
Last edited by JackRyan on Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimers

Post by Grimers »

Thanks, billion_fan! This works well!

JackRyan, the streaming is done via the TV app, so the quality cannot be adjusted.
William Grimsley.
JackRyan

Post by JackRyan »

If Netflix isn't working, you may be experiencing a network connectivity issue, an issue with your device, or an issue with your Netflix app or account. To get back to watching, check if there is an error code or error message on-screen and enter it into the search bar below.