Throttle iPhone upload

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
Gareth30800

Throttle iPhone upload

Post by Gareth30800 »

Hi

I have a Billion Router BiPAC 8800NL

Can I use the QOS feature (or some other setting) to solve a problem whereby a device (usually) an iPhone grabs all the bandwidth & kills other operations (especially making VOIP phone calls). (I am limited to 1Mb upload)

I have little technical knowledge on how to configure this modem or of IP tech. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Gareth
Gareth30800

Re: Throttle iPhone upload

Post by Gareth30800 »

To add a note to my post:-

...this router is not used as a modem as it connects to a separate modem via LAN4 (EWAN). Lan 1 is connected to a VOIP unit (an o2 Boostbox), so an option for me would be to give priority for traffic that runs between LAN4 & LAN1. This would solve the most critical issue of phone calls being killed by iPhone data hogging. Any suggestions how I might achieve this?
billion_fan

Re: Throttle iPhone upload

Post by billion_fan »

Gareth30800 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:08 pm To add a note to my post:-

...this router is not used as a modem as it connects to a separate modem via LAN4 (EWAN). Lan 1 is connected to a VOIP unit (an o2 Boostbox), so an option for me would be to give priority for traffic that runs between LAN4 & LAN1. This would solve the most critical issue of phone calls being killed by iPhone data hogging. Any suggestions how I might achieve this?
Attached are some examples.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.