Getting Byte drops when using a Netgear GS716TV2

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
jamesjay

Getting Byte drops when using a Netgear GS716TV2

Post by jamesjay »

Hi Guys,

I have just started using the 8800NL R2 as a standalone Modem/Router on fibre optic and noticed I am getting received data drops on a Netgear GS716TV2 smart switch, I am not sure if this is a problem or if it was happening when I was using a 7800 DXL in bridge mode.

There appears to be no reduced internet speed in LAN or WiFi so I am not sure if there is a problem or not?

In the attachment screenshot P5/EWAN is assigned to the GS716TV2 without any devices attached to it, so it is the smart switch and not any of the devices I had previously attached to it...if fact I tested those devices and they are still connected directly to the router of the 8800 in the attachment and they are not causing any drop problem if there is a problem!

The drops in the attachment occurred over a test period of an hour or so today but I first noticed the drops when I had 5 devices attached to the GS716TV2 over the weekend...so I am thinking that if there is a problem it is in my settings in the GS716TV2 or the 8800NL.

Any comments or advice would be helpful.

Kind regards,
James.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.