Brand new 8800AXL Wi-Fi Disconnecting

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
orbiter8

Brand new 8800AXL Wi-Fi Disconnecting

Post by orbiter8 »

Hi Guys,

Just bought the Billion 8800AXL R2.. Have set it up correctly as far as I know and am connected to SKY fibre just fine, using some of the settings found online from this board I believe..

However over the last week or so I have had an issue with the Wi-Fi disconnecting.. Both 5g and 2.4g.. The router works fine for a couple of days at a time but our computers will then just be disconnected. The router is still showing the green INTERNET light and Wi-Fi is still active, however there's no connection, I then have to reboot the router and everything will work ok again for a couple of days.

I flashed the FW as soon as I got the router to the latest FW2.52.d11

Any advice please?

Thank you
billion_fan

Re: Brand new 8800AXL Wi-Fi Disconnecting

Post by billion_fan »

orbiter8 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:46 pm Hi Guys,

Just bought the Billion 8800AXL R2.. Have set it up correctly as far as I know and am connected to SKY fibre just fine, using some of the settings found online from this board I believe..

However over the last week or so I have had an issue with the Wi-Fi disconnecting.. Both 5g and 2.4g.. The router works fine for a couple of days at a time but our computers will then just be disconnected. The router is still showing the green INTERNET light and Wi-Fi is still active, however there's no connection, I then have to reboot the router and everything will work ok again for a couple of days.

I flashed the FW as soon as I got the router to the latest FW2.52.d11

Any advice please?

Thank you
Try upgrading your device to the latest firmware attached (the firmware has a newer wireless driver)

It recommended to upgrade your device with 'Factory Default Settings' and once upgraded manually reconfigure the device again to make sure all changes within the newer firmware are implemented correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
orbiter8

Post by orbiter8 »

Ah ok that's great, I'll get that installed and see how it goes.

Thank you very much.
orbiter8

Post by orbiter8 »

Just a bit of feedback. We've had no Wi-Fi disconnections or issues at all since updating the FW to 2.52.d15.

Thanks guys.
telecomsconsortium

Post by telecomsconsortium »

billion_fan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:44 am

Try upgrading your device to the latest firmware attached (the firmware has a newer wireless driver)

It recommended to upgrade your device with 'Factory Default Settings' and once upgraded manually reconfigure the device again to make sure all changes within the newer firmware are implemented correctly.
Hi billion_fan,

will this new firmware version be stickied at the top of the forum?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

telecomsconsortium wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:54 am
billion_fan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:44 am

Hi billion_fan,

will this new firmware version be stickied at the top of the forum?
Soon enough