Wifi not working properly

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL
Adam911

Re: Wifi not working properly

Post by Adam911 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi, sure I will do that. OBSS Coexistence is already disabled though. But I will try a different channel.

I will report the results tomorrow as this issue is not something that happens instantly but over time.

Thanks!

Adam911

Post by Adam911 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:31 am

Hi, an update.

So all was working fine until just now, and 5GHZ wifi is fully down on every device, cannot reconnect. 2Ghz as well as ethernet connection still works. I also cannot enter the web interface, it just doesn't load at all. This seems to be pure random. (After I restarted the router all back to normal)

Can you please try to get the engerineers to look further into this? I know it's hard to narrow down the issue when it's so random and cannot replicate easy but there is something definietely wrong with the 5GHz wifi still. I really don't want to switch to another router as Billion is the only one that lets me adjust SNR, however the 5Ghz wifi dying is a dealbreaker sadly :(

Thank you

Adam911

Post by Adam911 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:34 pm

Okay so it just happened again. Since last post I restarted the router and all was working fine and just now it died again, exactly the same. Web interface fully down, cant access it, it's just perma loading, 5Ghz down on every device, 2Ghz and Ethernet connections working fine.

It's a reoccuring issue. Happens randomly, don't know what the trigger is - if any, but it is something to do with the 5Ghz wifi.

billion_fan

Post by billion_fan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:45 am

Adam911 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:34 pm
Okay so it just happened again. Since last post I restarted the router and all was working fine and just now it died again, exactly the same. Web interface fully down, cant access it, it's just perma loading, 5Ghz down on every device, 2Ghz and Ethernet connections working fine.

It's a reoccuring issue. Happens randomly, don't know what the trigger is - if any, but it is something to do with the 5Ghz wifi.
I've updated our engineers, once I get further feedback on how to proceed I will contact you.

billion_fan

Post by billion_fan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:00 pm

billion_fan wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:45 am
Adam911 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:34 pm

I've updated our engineers, once I get further feedback on how to proceed I will contact you.
Hi adam can you submit a ticket on the following link http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit and send us a copy of your config file also, with admin password set back to admin (our need to investigate this issue further with your config)