7800DXL/DX/VDOX SNR Tweak Table

billion_fan

Re: 7800DXL/DX/VDOX SNR Tweak Table

Post by billion_fan »

Mardler wrote:Many thanks.

I only want to increase by 1 - so do I enter 7?
that's right 7 should give you +1 snr
Mardler

Post by Mardler »

Thanks.
Mardler

Post by Mardler »

Intriguing SNRM problem.

SNR is set to 5 and although the connection has started to drop as nights have got longer it has reconnected at c.5db for months.

Five days ago the reconnect was c.2db. This would normally result in an unusable connection but no, it remained rock solid even showing 1.5 when the TV was on. It just dropped 90 minutes ago and reconnected c.2.

Any idea what is wrong?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Mardler wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:09 am Intriguing SNRM problem.

SNR is set to 5 and although the connection has started to drop as nights have got longer it has reconnected at c.5db for months.

Five days ago the reconnect was c.2db. This would normally result in an unusable connection but no, it remained rock solid even showing 1.5 when the TV was on. It just dropped 90 minutes ago and reconnected c.2.

Any idea what is wrong?
Your default/starting SNR must of changed, I assume the SNR when set to default -1, will sync at 3db. Hence when you set the SNR to 5, you get 2db SNR.
Mardler

Post by Mardler »

You got me there.

AFAIK, the default SNRM is 6db and hasn't changed. I haven't requested my ISP (PlusNet) to change it so might it be the DSLAM? My previous SNR adjustments have always resluted in 5 (input) giving sync of just that i.e. 6 minus 1 and 2 gives 4 etc. - or did.

Last night's resync is still holding, even when the TV was switched on just now which really is odd as with SNRM at c.6 that kills the connection instantly.

I'll leave it for now and see how we go: 5 days up time is pretty good here even if SNR is c.6 at this time of year.

Edit: thanks for your swift response!