ADSL2+ and bitswap

gpvecchi

ADSL2+ and bitswap

Post by gpvecchi »

I ask the experst, as I haven't found an answer on the internet...
Is bitswap supported in ADSL2+ protocol, or is it just related to g.dmt?
Many thanks!
billion_fan

Re: ADSL2+ and bitswap

Post by billion_fan »

gpvecchi wrote:I ask the experst, as I haven't found an answer on the internet...
Is bitswap supported in ADSL2+ protocol, or is it just related to g.dmt?
Many thanks!
Have a look at the following link (scroll down to the Bit Swapping section)

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adsl_technology.htm
gpvecchi

Post by gpvecchi »

OK, thanks, I got it; I have another question: bitswap seems to disable 7 bands and creates gaps, so bytes are swapped into other channel, reducing SNR margin and creating disconnections (as in my other thread, I use low SNR margin to gain bandwidth).
Now, is it better to disable bitswap and keep a little lower margin, or raise it a little to keep bitswap enabled? Do I just need to run a speedtest to find what's better?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

gpvecchi wrote:OK, thanks, I got it; I have another question: bitswap seems to disable 7 bands and creates gaps, so bytes are swapped into other channel, reducing SNR margin and creating disconnections (as in my other thread, I use low SNR margin to gain bandwidth).
Now, is it better to disable bitswap and keep a little lower margin, or raise it a little to keep bitswap enabled? Do I just need to run a speedtest to find what's better?
As all lines are different, you may experience different results to others.

Its best to have a play around, eg disable bitswapping check the results, higher the SNR check the results with bitswapping enabled etc.

Yes you can run a speedtest or monitor the link to check for disconnections. (depending on what is more important to you)
gpvecchi

Post by gpvecchi »

Many thanks, I'll do some speedtest to tweak settings to best results!