Unable to get a solid green DSL light on new 7800DXL

hblake3Ho

Unable to get a solid green DSL light on new 7800DXL

Post by hblake3Ho »

I have just purchased a BiPAC 7800DXL router to replace a BT poor performing Home Hub 4 router.

I have followed the set up instructions for an ADSL line but the router fails to get a solid green DSL light. It simply goes from a slow flashing green light to a faster flashing green light, the light then goes off and the cycle starts again.

I have completed the following actions to try and resolve the issue:

- I have left the router for 20 minutes to allow the DSL light to go solidy green but without success
- I have restarted the router 3-4 times again allowing it 15 - 20 mins to allow the DSL light to go solidy green without success
- I have completed a reset without success
- I have checked the firmware version and can confirm it is the latest vsn - 2.32e
- When I try and connect to my ISP provider whilst the green light is flashing it states that the DSL is not ready.

MY ISP is BT. I have ADSL BT Broadband (No fibre or cable). I am able to successfully use my BT Home Hub 4 to connect to the internet following the issues with the BiPAC 7800DXL router.

Has anyone experienced similar issues or does anyone know how to overcome these issues? If not then I will have to send the 7800 back and opt for an alternative router.

Thanks
billion_fan

Re: Unable to get a solid green DSL light on new 7800DXL

Post by billion_fan »

hblake3Ho wrote:I have just purchased a BiPAC 7800DXL router to replace a BT poor performing Home Hub 4 router.

I have followed the set up instructions for an ADSL line but the router fails to get a solid green DSL light. It simply goes from a slow flashing green light to a faster flashing green light, the light then goes off and the cycle starts again.

I have completed the following actions to try and resolve the issue:

- I have left the router for 20 minutes to allow the DSL light to go solidy green but without success
- I have restarted the router 3-4 times again allowing it 15 - 20 mins to allow the DSL light to go solidy green without success
- I have completed a reset without success
- I have checked the firmware version and can confirm it is the latest vsn - 2.32e
- When I try and connect to my ISP provider whilst the green light is flashing it states that the DSL is not ready.

MY ISP is BT. I have ADSL BT Broadband (No fibre or cable). I am able to successfully use my BT Home Hub 4 to connect to the internet following the issues with the BiPAC 7800DXL router.

Has anyone experienced similar issues or does anyone know how to overcome these issues? If not then I will have to send the 7800 back and opt for an alternative router.

Thanks
Reply sent via ticket