IPv6 with Orange France

Edtech

IPv6 with Orange France

Post by Edtech »

Orange France have started to deploy the IPv6 but I don't find how to configure the 78000DXL to use it.

For now, in IPv4, Orange use PPPoE and the VLAN ID 935. After some research, I found for IPv6, DHCPv6 and VLAND ID 832 (sorry, it's in french) :
https://lafibre.info/remplacer-livebox/ ... ans-pppoe/

An idea how to set correctly the WAN ?
billion_fan

Re: IPv6 with Orange France

Post by billion_fan »

Edtech wrote:Orange France have started to deploy the IPv6 but I don't find how to configure the 78000DXL to use it.

For now, in IPv4, Orange use PPPoE and the VLAN ID 935. After some research, I found for IPv6, DHCPv6 and VLAND ID 832 (sorry, it's in french) :
https://lafibre.info/remplacer-livebox/ ... ans-pppoe/

An idea how to set correctly the WAN ?
In the UK all you need to do is enable IPv6 on the WAN interface, then click on 'Configuration >> LAN >> IPv6 Autoconfig' and enable the 'DHCPv6 Server' and also enable 'Issue Router Advertisements' that should be it

Not sure about France though :?:
frederic09

Post by frederic09 »

Hey Edtech,

If we want to get the IPv6 working on our Billions, we should have to wait and see if the Billion techs are able to add the option 90 "authsend" on the modem.

I already asked for that on this topic here, but since my english is not good i'm not sure if my request was understood correctly.

edit :

Maybe with a picture it could be easier to understand where this option should go, so i just made this with my crappy editing skills :

Edtech

Post by Edtech »

It's exactly the problem, the authsend. I hope Billion add this option in a firmware update !
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Edtech wrote:It's exactly the problem, the authsend. I hope Billion add this option in a firmware update !
Let me check with our engineers to see what they can do.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Hi Edtech/frederic09

Are you both on VDSL or ADSL?? (meaning are you using a VDSL modem connected to the 7800DXL's EWAN port)
Edtech

Post by Edtech »

We are in FTTH on the EWAN port (the ONT is directly connected on the EWAN port) but I think it's the same for VDSL (but connected on the xDSL port). Only VDSL or fiber customers can have the IPv6 with Orange France, and for now, it's only in few cities, like Paris.
Last edited by Edtech on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
frederic09

Post by frederic09 »

Hello billion_fan,

I have a FTTH connection, my EWAN port is connected with an ethernet cable (cat.6) to my ONT.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Ok guys, we need both of you to capture the authentication process, as you are using the EWAN port the capture will be done on a PC connected to the hub/switch inbetween your ONT and 7800DXL

Eg

ONT >>>> Switch/Hub ( >>>PC connected running wireshark) >> 7800DXL (also, connected to the switch/hub, the 7800dxl should authenticate with the ISP)

Once setup start the wireshark capture and restart the 7800DXL, once the 7800DXL has obtained your WAN IP, you can stop the wireshark capture

Then submit a ticket on the following link http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit with your capture attached
Edtech

Post by Edtech »

I just moved, and my fiber connection isn't moved for now (in few weeks...). I hope frederic09 can send you the informations asked.

The first weblink in the first post give you a lot of informations. I don't know if it can be useful to you...