7800VDOX and BeThere

jcimbbarker

7800VDOX and BeThere

Post by jcimbbarker »

Hi,

Has anyone got a 7800VDOX to work with BeThere...? So far I have not been able to. I have attached the settings I have used. These settings are taken from the BeThere supplied router which works fine.

Is there anything I have missed...?

This is for BeThere Pro with a static IP.
billion_config2.png
billion_config1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swatboy79

Re: 7800VDOX and BeThere

Post by swatboy79 »

Your VPI/VCI should be 0/101
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

At least as far as i know. But reading on there site maybe its multi static ip users who are 0:102?

https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/ ... structions

I got static but non pro running on 0:101. Check all your settings through again.

I got BE on my 7800DXL and its ok.
Spudgun

Post by Spudgun »

VPI/VCI should be 0/101 if you are still on the old network (pretty much everywhere outside London and some of the home counties)

VPI/VCI should be 0/102 if you have had an e-mail from BE telling you that your exchange has been put onto the new network.

If you aren't sure, tell us which exchange you are on and i'll look at the info and see if you've been upgraded yet
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Spudgun wrote:VPI/VCI should be 0/101 if you are still on the old network (pretty much everywhere outside London and some of the home counties)

VPI/VCI should be 0/102 if you have had an e-mail from BE telling you that your exchange has been put onto the new network.

If you aren't sure, tell us which exchange you are on and i'll look at the info and see if you've been upgraded yet
Im on Be (gonna switch soon as Sky have justed purchased Be) I am on there new network 0/102, I was and still on setup with 1 static IP, for be with this setup I must leave the IP address fields blank (as be will assign my static IP, via there DHCP server)

Once I switched from the 7800N to 7800DXL, for some reason it took upto hour to connect, then I switched back to 7800N (had all the same settings) and that took another hour to reconnect, finally switched back to 7800DXL and waited for around 1 hour may be more and it connected, since then I have not switched routers.
jcimbbarker

Post by jcimbbarker »

Spudgun wrote:VPI/VCI should be 0/101 if you are still on the old network (pretty much everywhere outside London and some of the home counties)

I am on the Covent Garden exchange, so I think I am on 0/102... Can you check...? Thanks...! I did try with 0/101 and this didn't work either.
jcimbbarker

Post by jcimbbarker »

billion_fan wrote:

Im on Be (gonna switch soon as Sky have justed purchased Be) I am on there new network 0/102, I was and still on setup with 1 static IP, for be with this setup I must leave the IP address fields blank (as be will assign my static IP, via there DHCP server)

Once I switched from the 7800N to 7800DXL, for some reason it took upto hour to connect, then I switched back to 7800N (had all the same settings) and that took another hour to reconnect, finally switched back to 7800DXL and waited for around 1 hour may be more and it connected, since then I have not switched routers.
Ok, I will try leaving the router for a while and seeing if it connects. Thanks for your advice billion_fan...!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

jcimbbarker wrote:

I am on the Covent Garden exchange, so I think I am on 0/102... Can you check...? Thanks...! I did try with 0/101 and this didn't work either.
Try settings your IP address to 'Obtain an IP address automatically' just like my setup, with VPI/VCI set to 0/102
Spudgun

Post by Spudgun »

No listing for covent garden on the new network here - http://beusergroup.co.uk/technotes/inde ... _Exchanges

Do you not remember if you had an e-mail from BE giving you the new details to connect to the new network?

Perhaps you aren't sure as you've not had this letter and are still on the old network?
jcimbbarker

Post by jcimbbarker »

Spudgun wrote:No listing for covent garden on the new network here - http://beusergroup.co.uk/technotes/inde ... _Exchanges

Do you not remember if you had an e-mail from BE giving you the new details to connect to the new network?

Perhaps you aren't sure as you've not had this letter and are still on the old network?
I only signed up to BeThere last week, so I haven't had a letter with these changes.