[RESOLVED] Dualband WIFI Issues when testing with IPhone

billion_fan

Re: Dualband WIFI Issues when testing with IPhone

Post by billion_fan »

I found a temp solution for the iphone 5 issue.

Enable (Billion-Guest1-2.4g) on 2.4g and enable (Billion-Guest2-5g) on 5g, then use these two wireless networks for your wireless connectivity, this should resolve your issue for now. (It is very important to make sure guest1 should be 2.4 and guest 2 should 5g you have three guest networks for each 2.4/5g network)

Do not use the defualt 2.4g/5g wireless networks.

This is a workaround solution while we look into the issue.
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

ok great, i'll give this a try this evening.
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

ok that seems to work, not graceful cos now i end up with effectively 4 wifi networks. (but i hide the SSDID the main 2)

i agree you must have the 5ghz on the 2nd guess cos the 1st fails just like the origional issue.

Just a note I had many "Invalid Session Key, please try again" fails with using either IE or firefox that i had to fight furiously(basically the same as the what i call the "pink screen" issue on the 7800n when changing settings on firefox and trying to apply them)

Could you please ask exactly what Invalid Session Key, please try again" means as it is infuriating to say the least.
Last edited by swatboy79 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:ok that seems to work, not graceful cos now i end up with effectively 4 wifi networks. (but i hide the SSDID the main 2)

i agree you must have the 5ghz on the 2nd guess cos the 1st fails just like the origional issue.

Just a note I had many "Invalid Session Key, please try again" fails with using either IE or firefox that i had to fight furiously(basically the same as the what i call the "pink screen" issue on the 7800n when changing settings on firefox and sting to apply them)

Could you please ask exactly what Invalid Session Key, please try again" means as it is infuriating to say the least.
Do you know what pages showed this error?? so I can let our engineers know
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

Well it was during setting up of this temp fix for the WIFI on the WIFI security and the WIFI basic pages where I encounted the error.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swatboy79 wrote:Well it was during setting up of this temp fix for the WIFI on the WIFI security and the WIFI basic pages where I encounted the error.
I will check and confirm with our engineers, I won't get a reply til monday.
tim_hamblin

Post by tim_hamblin »

I've just received my new 7800DXL, and something is definitely messed up with the wireless…

Software version: 2.24a.RC7
Wireless Driver Version: 5.100.138.2008.cpe2.24La.RC7.4

I previously (and still have) a 7800N, which has served my well for 3 years...

However, using the 7800DXL, modifying the 2.4g and 5g can completely lock up the router - even to the point of LAN attached devices loosing connectivity - Only a power-cycle on the router restored connectivity...
Using 'inssider' wireless analyser software, it shows the router as only having a maximum rate of 144 (N), and only one channel appears to be in use - with the 7800N two channels appeared to be in use and a maximum rate of 300 (N)...
Looking at the Advanced 2.4g Bandwidth setting - even if set to 40MHz, it only reports the Current bandwidth at 20MHz...
Wireless devices only connect at a maximum of 72 Mbps (even in the same room as the router) - these devices connected at 150 Mbps on the 7800N...

Is this just a software related issue with the 7800DXL - or hardware related and I need to RMA it?
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

Hi, right now it is software issues as i see the same, I have just posted a new thread where the router has very bad reactions to using a windows VPN connection (it locksup)

I too have had a 7800n and in most part it was flawless, i am hoping soon they remidy all these issues because i want this to be the house hold work horse.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

tim_hamblin wrote:I've just received my new 7800DXL, and something is definitely messed up with the wireless…

Software version: 2.24a.RC7
Wireless Driver Version: 5.100.138.2008.cpe2.24La.RC7.4

I previously (and still have) a 7800N, which has served my well for 3 years...

However, using the 7800DXL, modifying the 2.4g and 5g can completely lock up the router - even to the point of LAN attached devices loosing connectivity - Only a power-cycle on the router restored connectivity...
Using 'inssider' wireless analyser software, it shows the router as only having a maximum rate of 144 (N), and only one channel appears to be in use - with the 7800N two channels appeared to be in use and a maximum rate of 300 (N)...
Looking at the Advanced 2.4g Bandwidth setting - even if set to 40MHz, it only reports the Current bandwidth at 20MHz...
Wireless devices only connect at a maximum of 72 Mbps (even in the same room as the router) - these devices connected at 150 Mbps on the 7800N...

Is this just a software related issue with the 7800DXL - or hardware related and I need to RMA it?

Set the 'OBSS Co-Existance' to disabled and you should receive a full speeds tested here working
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

billion_fan wrote:Set the 'OBSS Co-Existance' to disabled and you should receive a full speeds tested here working
And the lockups whilst changing settings? Does it effect that too?