Slow broadband speed BT

sebus05

Re: Slow broadband speed BT

Post by sebus05 »

It sure does work, it just might be no as good as some other routers out there

Probably can get fixed with firmware upgrades (if an older gear can connect at higher speeds on same line, surely 7800 also should be able?)

sebus
stulda

Post by stulda »

That is what I thought (after reading a specs)
Now my only concern is: When I will be able to buy 7800DX? Every single retailer including amazon and eBay in the UK is out of stock :|
catherine

Post by catherine »

For improving your BT broadband speed, follow the steps mentioned below:

-Use main Socket : You have to use the main socket to connect your hub instead of using any extension socket.

-Use of wifi connection should be minimized : The wired connection has more faster internet speed than the wifi connection. You can reduce the usage of your wifi connection instead connect your system with the LAN wire.

-Usage of Microfilter: Usage of microfilter will allow your broadband service to work at the same time as the telephone service.

-Setup Hub in the right spot: Sometimes items such as Tv’s, computers, phone wires can cause an interference in the internet connection. This interference affects the broadband speed. In order to reduce or eliminate the interference, you can set the hub in the right spot.
Point to keep in mind : The best place to set the hub is either on the table or floor.

Usage of Anti virus: Sometimes viruses in your system may can cause hindrances in your internet speed. It is better to get an antivirus installed on your system. You can use “BT NetProtect Plus” to protect your system against any anti viruses.

Still if the broadband speed is not rectified, you can call BT Customer Service .