HELP! 7800DXL - Reset button seems to be broken - another way?

DontEatTheYellowSnow

HELP! 7800DXL - Reset button seems to be broken - another way?

Post by DontEatTheYellowSnow »

;) Hi

I haven't had the need to use the paper clip reset button that much - but today I really need to.

I used the paper clip as normal, nothing happened - I kept holding it in for the red light to come on.

Nothing.

I thought maybe I haven't pushed hard enough, that as you know you can't put to much pressure with a clip.

I keep trying and then the paper clip went in deep, the clip bypassed the bit you press on.

If you can help - my questions;

Is there anyway around this problem?

1) Does the button that you push on to connect direct to a physical button on the circuit board - if so is it a pain to get to?

2) On Status page - If I use the RESTART (bottom right hand corner) - and use Factory Default Settings
is that the same as using the paper clip option?

(I only ask because why have a button when you can do it from the interface).

Thanks in advance.

Stephen
billion_fan

Re: HELP! 7800DXL - Reset button seems to be broken - another way?

Post by billion_fan »

DontEatTheYellowSnow wrote:;) Hi

I haven't had the need to use the paper clip reset button that much - but today I really need to.

I used the paper clip as normal, nothing happened - I kept holding it in for the red light to come on.

Nothing.

I thought maybe I haven't pushed hard enough, that as you know you can't put to much pressure with a clip.

I keep trying and then the paper clip went in deep, the clip bypassed the bit you press on.

If you can help - my questions;

Is there anyway around this problem?

1) Does the button that you push on to connect direct to a physical button on the circuit board - if so is it a pain to get to?

2) On Status page - If I use the RESTART (bottom right hand corner) - and use Factory Default Settings
is that the same as using the paper clip option?

(I only ask because why have a button when you can do it from the interface).

Thanks in advance.

Stephen
1, Yes it is mounted on the PCB board, the only option is open the device if you want to use this option (this will of course void your warranty)

2. Yes, this is the best option for you, using the web gui 'Restart' option

The option of the button is if you can't access the device from the web gui, eg forgot your login details etc
DontEatTheYellowSnow

Re: HELP! 7800DXL - Reset button seems to be broken - another way?

Post by DontEatTheYellowSnow »

:D Thank you Billion Fan - that is useful to know.