7800DXL management lockout

Amnawr

7800DXL management lockout

Post by Amnawr »

My 7800DXL has now locked out management connectivity twice in the last two months. Both Telnet and WEB access are affected however the router seems to be working fine; I just can’t connect to it. Following a reboot, connection is restored. I’m running the current software release 2.32e. Any ideas what causing the problem?
billion_fan

Re: 7800DXL management lockout

Post by billion_fan »

Amnawr wrote:My 7800DXL has now locked out management connectivity twice in the last two months. Both Telnet and WEB access are affected however the router seems to be working fine; I just can’t connect to it. Following a reboot, connection is restored. I’m running the current software release 2.32e. Any ideas what causing the problem?
As the web gui locks up, you won't be able to see the system log, so the only option is set to setup a syslog server.

First set the logging levels to debugging (Configuration >> System >> Configure Log, set both modes to 'Debugging' change the mode to 'Both' in the 'Server IP address' section enter the IP address of the PC running the syslog server, this PC must stay on capturing the logs until the issue occurs)

Now the logs should be listed within your syslog server, once you are unable to access the web gui or telnet you need to send a copy of you system log to support@billion.uk.com for further investigation.